Mar 30, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
It a Hollywood filmmaker were to make a NASCAR-themed horror movie, Parker Kligerman would likely be in the running for its star.
Kligerman has had an abominable start to his rookie season in the Sprint Cup Series.
And the horror continued on the second lap of Sunday’s STP 500 race at Martinsville Speedway.
When fellow Cup rookie Kyle Larson checked up, several drivers were involved in an accordion-like slam, including Paul Menard, Casey Mears, David Stremme, Kasey Kahne, Justin Allgaier and Austin Dillon.
Kligerman was at the back of the field and when he tried to brake, because he was on cold tires, his car shimmied to the right and into the Toyota of Joe Nemechek.
Kligerman’s car bounced off and right into a tire wall, causing substantial front end damage that likely will either bring his day to an early end – or it will be quite some time before he’s able to get back on the track.
Heading into Sunday, Kligerman had three DNFs – two due to crashes and one for a blown motor in the first five races. Sunday could make it four of six if his team is unable to make repairs.
His scorecard, which isn’t going to get any better Sunday, reads like this: 29th (Daytona), 42nd (Phoenix), 40th (Las Vegas), 34th (Bristol) and 42nd (Fontana).
Swan Racing minority owner and noted rapper 50 Cent might have to go back in the studio to record a new CD, because the repair bills to Kligerman’s cars this season have to be approaching astronomical levels.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 0
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1