Mar 30, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Ed Carpenter Racing announced this morning in St. Petersburg that they’ve landed a sponsor for its second Indianapolis 500 entry piloted by American racer J.R. Hildebrand.
Preferred Freezer Services will be the backer of Hildebrand’s No. 21 Chevrolet for the 98th running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing on May 25.
The company specializes in “temperature-controlled refrigerated warehouse storage and logistics.”
“This unique and innovative company is a leader in its field and gives Ed Carpenter Racing a new partner for the world’s biggest race,” Carpenter said in a team statement.
“We believe the bright blue and white paint scheme and the legendary Polar Bear logo will be a fan favorite at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this May, but will more importantly represent an innovative and successful partnership that will deliver tremendous value to our partners at Preferred Freezer Services.”
Carpenter, a native and resident of Indianapolis, and Hildebrand, a California native now residing in Colorado, are currently the only all-American driving tandem set to compete in this year’s “500.”
Last year at Indy, Carpenter sat on pole but a recurring handling issue on his No. 20 Fuzzy’s Ultra Premium Vodka Chevy kept him from mounting a challenge in the second half of the race and he had to settle for a 10th place finish.
As for Hildebrand, he was the first driver to exit the race after crashing on Lap 4. Shortly after that setback, he was released by Panther Racing; he would return for the Sonoma and Fontana races with Bryan Herta Autosport.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Rosberg leads Hamilton in first Belgian GP practice 0
- Chilton to race in Belgium after all; Rossi denied F1 debut 4
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the Belgian Grand Prix 0
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0