Mar 30, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
ST. PETERSBURG, FLA. – Colombians named Carlos book-ended the time sheets in the Verizon IndyCar Series’ St. Petersburg Sunday morning warmup. Carlos Munoz of Andretti Autosport led the session with Carlos Huertas slowest in Dale Coyne’s second car.
Munoz, Josef Newgarden, Sebastien Bourdais, Graham Rahal and Marco Andretti completed the top five.
Less than 10 minutes into the session, Juan Pablo Montoya nosed into the Turn 10 wall, the notorious 90-degree left-hander that traditionally catches a number of drivers out. Montoya resumed and would head back to the pits; he eventually ended the session in 11th. That was the only red-flag interruption of the 30-minute session.
Here’s a screen cap of the times. The race goes green past 3 p.m. EDT today.
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 0
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 2
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 5
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2