Mar 30, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
ST. PETERSBURG, FLA. – Colombians named Carlos book-ended the time sheets in the Verizon IndyCar Series’ St. Petersburg Sunday morning warmup. Carlos Munoz of Andretti Autosport led the session with Carlos Huertas slowest in Dale Coyne’s second car.
Munoz, Josef Newgarden, Sebastien Bourdais, Graham Rahal and Marco Andretti completed the top five.
Less than 10 minutes into the session, Juan Pablo Montoya nosed into the Turn 10 wall, the notorious 90-degree left-hander that traditionally catches a number of drivers out. Montoya resumed and would head back to the pits; he eventually ended the session in 11th. That was the only red-flag interruption of the 30-minute session.
Here’s a screen cap of the times. The race goes green past 3 p.m. EDT today.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 0
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5