Mar 30, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
ST. PETERSBURG, FLA. – Colombians named Carlos book-ended the time sheets in the Verizon IndyCar Series’ St. Petersburg Sunday morning warmup. Carlos Munoz of Andretti Autosport led the session with Carlos Huertas slowest in Dale Coyne’s second car.
Munoz, Josef Newgarden, Sebastien Bourdais, Graham Rahal and Marco Andretti completed the top five.
Less than 10 minutes into the session, Juan Pablo Montoya nosed into the Turn 10 wall, the notorious 90-degree left-hander that traditionally catches a number of drivers out. Montoya resumed and would head back to the pits; he eventually ended the session in 11th. That was the only red-flag interruption of the 30-minute session.
Here’s a screen cap of the times. The race goes green past 3 p.m. EDT today.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2