Mar 30, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
ST. PETERSBURG, FLA. – Colombians named Carlos book-ended the time sheets in the Verizon IndyCar Series’ St. Petersburg Sunday morning warmup. Carlos Munoz of Andretti Autosport led the session with Carlos Huertas slowest in Dale Coyne’s second car.
Munoz, Josef Newgarden, Sebastien Bourdais, Graham Rahal and Marco Andretti completed the top five.
Less than 10 minutes into the session, Juan Pablo Montoya nosed into the Turn 10 wall, the notorious 90-degree left-hander that traditionally catches a number of drivers out. Montoya resumed and would head back to the pits; he eventually ended the session in 11th. That was the only red-flag interruption of the 30-minute session.
Here’s a screen cap of the times. The race goes green past 3 p.m. EDT today.
- Bourdais quickest in opening practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 0
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 0
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 8
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1