Mar 30, 2014, 3:15 AM EDT
After claiming pole position in very difficult conditions yesterday, Lewis Hamilton is looking to convert this into his first race win of the season and his second for Mercedes LIVE on NBCSN and Live Extra from 3:30am ET. CLICK HERE to tune in via live stream.
The British driver has been dominant across the course of the weekend, meaning that pole position came as little surprise. However, after a disastrous winter, defending world champion Sebastian Vettel finally appears to have returned to form after qualifying in second place for Red Bull.
Should rain intervene with today’s proceedings, the stage might be set for the German driver to claim another remarkable victory in the wet to his collection.
Nico Rosberg was left disappointed with third place after matching his Mercedes teammate across the course of the practice, but he is still hopeful of matching his father’s tally of five wins in Formula 1. Fernando Alonso completes the second row in fourth place ahead of Daniel Ricciardo and Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen.
With rain threatening to shake up the pecking order once again in Malaysia, we appear to be in for a closely contested and exciting race.
Mercedes and Red Bull go head-to-head on track for the first time this season – who will come out on top?
Coverage begins at 3:30am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via the live stream.
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 1
- ARCA driver Brad Smith recovering from ankle surgery after Talladega wreck 0
- 21 years after his death, the legacy of Ayrton Senna burns as brightly as ever 2
- Honda reveals its super speedway aero kit Thursday at IMS (VIDEO) 9
- Ed Carpenter talks Newgarden’s win and preparing for superspeedway aero kit at Indy 4
- FOM confirms proposed 2016 F1 calendar has been leaked 0
- Jeff Gordon to drive new Chevrolet Z06 pace car for Indianapolis 500 4