Mar 30, 2014, 3:15 AM EDT
After claiming pole position in very difficult conditions yesterday, Lewis Hamilton is looking to convert this into his first race win of the season and his second for Mercedes LIVE on NBCSN and Live Extra from 3:30am ET. CLICK HERE to tune in via live stream.
The British driver has been dominant across the course of the weekend, meaning that pole position came as little surprise. However, after a disastrous winter, defending world champion Sebastian Vettel finally appears to have returned to form after qualifying in second place for Red Bull.
Should rain intervene with today’s proceedings, the stage might be set for the German driver to claim another remarkable victory in the wet to his collection.
Nico Rosberg was left disappointed with third place after matching his Mercedes teammate across the course of the practice, but he is still hopeful of matching his father’s tally of five wins in Formula 1. Fernando Alonso completes the second row in fourth place ahead of Daniel Ricciardo and Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen.
With rain threatening to shake up the pecking order once again in Malaysia, we appear to be in for a closely contested and exciting race.
Mercedes and Red Bull go head-to-head on track for the first time this season – who will come out on top?
Coverage begins at 3:30am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via the live stream.
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0
- Alexander Rossi to make F1 debut in Belgium, replaces Chilton 5
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 5
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 15
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12