Mar 31, 2014, 5:26 PM EDT
NBCSN Formula One insider Will Buxton and partner-in-crime/producer Jason Swales are at it again.
After taking the “Road to Ferrari,” Buxton and Swales are now giving F1 fans a behind-the-scenes look at the world’s most popular motorsport in the new NBC Sports digital series, “Off The Grid.” The first episode, which you can see above, finds the duo at Bahrain International Circuit for preseason testing.
After a trip to the Bahrain podium and a chat with the track’s former CEO, Martin Whitaker, they head for the capital city of Manama and then end the night with a friendly – or maybe not so friendly – competition at the karting track.
An often amusing glance at the F1 life, this is one trip “Off The Grid” that you’ll want to take. Also, be sure to check out the “Buxton’s Racing Debut” series as well.
Formula One returns to action this weekend with the Bahrain Grand Prix. Coverage begins with FP2 on Friday morning at 11 a.m. ET on NBCSN, continues with qualifying on Saturday at 11 a.m. ET on CNBC, and culminates Sunday with the Grand Prix at 10:30 a.m. ET on NBCSN. All NBCSN/CNBC sessions will also be streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0