Apr 1, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
Stewart-Haas Racing’s Kurt Busch may have completed his comeback Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, but the majority of the post-race buzz surrounded his pit road incident and subsequent run-ins on the track with Brad Keselowski.
Keselowski was clipped by Busch during an early pit stop and the resulting damage forced the Team Penske driver to the garage for repairs. Upon his return to action, he jostled with Busch repeatedly.
At that point, Busch vowed over the radio to “[expletive] that dude’s [expletive] face up” and Keselowski indicated in post-race that he was willing to fight the Outlaw (“Tell him come here. I’m right here. He knows where I’m at. Leave victory lane and we’ll go.”). Later in the media center, Busch called Keselowski’s on-track tactics “a punk-a** move.”
The day after, Busch told NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast that he and Keselowski would “work through it – but it’s going to be good racing him hard and not backing down.”
With all of that in mind, can these two outspoken personalities manage to put their differences aside and resist payback attempts during Sunday’s Duck Commander 500 at Texas Motor Speedway?
Check out the clip above to see what NASCAR AMERICA’s Rick Allen and Jeff Burton have to say on the subject. And remember to watch today’s episode at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 11
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2