Apr 1, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Stewart-Haas Racing’s Kurt Busch may have completed his comeback Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, but the majority of the post-race buzz surrounded his pit road incident and subsequent run-ins on the track with Brad Keselowski.
Keselowski was clipped by Busch during an early pit stop and the resulting damage forced the Team Penske driver to the garage for repairs. Upon his return to action, he jostled with Busch repeatedly.
At that point, Busch vowed over the radio to “[expletive] that dude’s [expletive] face up” and Keselowski indicated in post-race that he was willing to fight the Outlaw (“Tell him come here. I’m right here. He knows where I’m at. Leave victory lane and we’ll go.”). Later in the media center, Busch called Keselowski’s on-track tactics “a punk-a** move.”
The day after, Busch told NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast that he and Keselowski would “work through it – but it’s going to be good racing him hard and not backing down.”
With all of that in mind, can these two outspoken personalities manage to put their differences aside and resist payback attempts during Sunday’s Duck Commander 500 at Texas Motor Speedway?
Check out the clip above to see what NASCAR AMERICA’s Rick Allen and Jeff Burton have to say on the subject. And remember to watch today’s episode at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 5
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 2
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 47
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0