Apr 1, 2014, 6:49 PM EST
Three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series teams have been penalized for rules violations that were discovered following Sunday evening’s Kroger 250 at Martinsville Speedway.
All three teams – the runner-up No. 54 Kyle Busch Motorsports team (driver Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr.), the third-place No. 31 Turner Scott Motorsports team (driver Ben Kennedy), and the fourth-place ThorSport Racing team (driver Johnny Sauter) – violated Section 20B-12.5 (D) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book after offset front hubs were found on their Trucks in post-race inspection.
The teams have been assessed P3 level penalties, leading to $10,000 fines each for crew chiefs Jerry Baxter (No. 54), Michael Shelton (No. 31), and Gene Wachtel (No. 98). Additionally, those crew chiefs have been placed on probation until Dec. 31.
Matt Crafton earned his first career Truck win at Martinsville by holding off Wallace on the second attempt at a green-white-checkered finish.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4