Apr 1, 2014, 6:49 PM EDT
Three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series teams have been penalized for rules violations that were discovered following Sunday evening’s Kroger 250 at Martinsville Speedway.
All three teams – the runner-up No. 54 Kyle Busch Motorsports team (driver Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr.), the third-place No. 31 Turner Scott Motorsports team (driver Ben Kennedy), and the fourth-place ThorSport Racing team (driver Johnny Sauter) – violated Section 20B-12.5 (D) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book after offset front hubs were found on their Trucks in post-race inspection.
The teams have been assessed P3 level penalties, leading to $10,000 fines each for crew chiefs Jerry Baxter (No. 54), Michael Shelton (No. 31), and Gene Wachtel (No. 98). Additionally, those crew chiefs have been placed on probation until Dec. 31.
Matt Crafton earned his first career Truck win at Martinsville by holding off Wallace on the second attempt at a green-white-checkered finish.
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 2
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 12
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0