Apr 1, 2014, 6:49 PM EDT
Three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series teams have been penalized for rules violations that were discovered following Sunday evening’s Kroger 250 at Martinsville Speedway.
All three teams – the runner-up No. 54 Kyle Busch Motorsports team (driver Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr.), the third-place No. 31 Turner Scott Motorsports team (driver Ben Kennedy), and the fourth-place ThorSport Racing team (driver Johnny Sauter) – violated Section 20B-12.5 (D) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book after offset front hubs were found on their Trucks in post-race inspection.
The teams have been assessed P3 level penalties, leading to $10,000 fines each for crew chiefs Jerry Baxter (No. 54), Michael Shelton (No. 31), and Gene Wachtel (No. 98). Additionally, those crew chiefs have been placed on probation until Dec. 31.
Matt Crafton earned his first career Truck win at Martinsville by holding off Wallace on the second attempt at a green-white-checkered finish.
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 1
- Dixon: “I don’t think anybody had a stellar season” 5
- Watkins Glen, Baltimore stand out for Stefan Wilson’s favorite race memories of brother Justin 1
- Report: Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 1
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 2