Apr 1, 2014, 6:49 PM EST
Three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series teams have been penalized for rules violations that were discovered following Sunday evening’s Kroger 250 at Martinsville Speedway.
All three teams – the runner-up No. 54 Kyle Busch Motorsports team (driver Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr.), the third-place No. 31 Turner Scott Motorsports team (driver Ben Kennedy), and the fourth-place ThorSport Racing team (driver Johnny Sauter) – violated Section 20B-12.5 (D) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book after offset front hubs were found on their Trucks in post-race inspection.
The teams have been assessed P3 level penalties, leading to $10,000 fines each for crew chiefs Jerry Baxter (No. 54), Michael Shelton (No. 31), and Gene Wachtel (No. 98). Additionally, those crew chiefs have been placed on probation until Dec. 31.
Matt Crafton earned his first career Truck win at Martinsville by holding off Wallace on the second attempt at a green-white-checkered finish.
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 2
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 0
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 8