Apr 2, 2014, 10:06 AM EST
The Barracuda Networks and Bryan Herta business relationship did not end even though Barracuda’s relationship with IndyCar did at the end of the 2013 season.
Herta’s team announced Wednesday – as part of what is expected to be a flurry of announcements for this series – that it will expand into Red Bull Global Rallycross in 2014 with rookie driver Austin Dyne.
Dyne will compete in the No. 14 Barracuda Racing Ford Fiesta SuperCar for the entire 2014 season.
“I am really excited to be expanding into GRC, and to do it with friends and partners like Barracuda and Austin Dyne is ideal,” Herta said in a release. “The car looks fantastic and the schedule and TV platform for the series is extremely compelling.”
Dyne shifts into rally racing from NASCAR’s K&N Pro Series West championship, where he won rookie-of-the-year honors.
“It is exciting to be driving for Barracuda Racing this season,” he said in a release. “This is an outstanding team of people put together here and we are looking forward to getting the Red Bull Global Rallycross season underway in Barbados, May 18.”
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0