Apr 2, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
The Barracuda Networks and Bryan Herta business relationship did not end even though Barracuda’s relationship with IndyCar did at the end of the 2013 season.
Herta’s team announced Wednesday – as part of what is expected to be a flurry of announcements for this series – that it will expand into Red Bull Global Rallycross in 2014 with rookie driver Austin Dyne.
Dyne will compete in the No. 14 Barracuda Racing Ford Fiesta SuperCar for the entire 2014 season.
“I am really excited to be expanding into GRC, and to do it with friends and partners like Barracuda and Austin Dyne is ideal,” Herta said in a release. “The car looks fantastic and the schedule and TV platform for the series is extremely compelling.”
Dyne shifts into rally racing from NASCAR’s K&N Pro Series West championship, where he won rookie-of-the-year honors.
“It is exciting to be driving for Barracuda Racing this season,” he said in a release. “This is an outstanding team of people put together here and we are looking forward to getting the Red Bull Global Rallycross season underway in Barbados, May 18.”
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5