Apr 2, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
The Barracuda Networks and Bryan Herta business relationship did not end even though Barracuda’s relationship with IndyCar did at the end of the 2013 season.
Herta’s team announced Wednesday – as part of what is expected to be a flurry of announcements for this series – that it will expand into Red Bull Global Rallycross in 2014 with rookie driver Austin Dyne.
Dyne will compete in the No. 14 Barracuda Racing Ford Fiesta SuperCar for the entire 2014 season.
“I am really excited to be expanding into GRC, and to do it with friends and partners like Barracuda and Austin Dyne is ideal,” Herta said in a release. “The car looks fantastic and the schedule and TV platform for the series is extremely compelling.”
Dyne shifts into rally racing from NASCAR’s K&N Pro Series West championship, where he won rookie-of-the-year honors.
“It is exciting to be driving for Barracuda Racing this season,” he said in a release. “This is an outstanding team of people put together here and we are looking forward to getting the Red Bull Global Rallycross season underway in Barbados, May 18.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0
- F1 Friday Analysis: Is Lewis the man to beat? 0
- Hamilton tops FP2 as night falls in Singapore 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Singapore Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Singapore GP 0
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 1
- Report: Why Mark Martin couldn’t be Danica Patrick’s driving coach 6