Apr 2, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Believe it or not, 2014 marks the 10-year anniversary of the first time Formula One raced in Bahrain. The inaugural Bahrain Grand Prix, like many races that year, was dominated by Michael Schumacher and Ferrari.
With the sound of the new era Formula One cars already generating a lot of buzz and discussion this year, we look back to the first time at Bahrain in 2004, with an on-board lap from Juan Pablo Montoya.
This lap may leave you longing for the shrieking, piercing V10-powered BMW of JPM’s Williams, but if nothing else it gives you a chance to hear the past in a present-day post. JPM’s back in the news this year anyway with his much heralded return to IndyCar, racing the No. 2 Verizon Team Penske Chevrolet.
- Juan Pablo Montoya, Will Power go looking for fun, wind up with ‘Sex Tape’ 1
- Brickyard owes Juan Pablo Montoya one, but will it pay off Sunday? 1
- Everyone worried about a Kenseth win — except Matt himself 0
- Hungarian GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Matt Kenseth fastest in Friday’s Sprint Cup practice at Indy 0