Apr 2, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Believe it or not, 2014 marks the 10-year anniversary of the first time Formula One raced in Bahrain. The inaugural Bahrain Grand Prix, like many races that year, was dominated by Michael Schumacher and Ferrari.
With the sound of the new era Formula One cars already generating a lot of buzz and discussion this year, we look back to the first time at Bahrain in 2004, with an on-board lap from Juan Pablo Montoya.
This lap may leave you longing for the shrieking, piercing V10-powered BMW of JPM’s Williams, but if nothing else it gives you a chance to hear the past in a present-day post. JPM’s back in the news this year anyway with his much heralded return to IndyCar, racing the No. 2 Verizon Team Penske Chevrolet.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2