Apr 2, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
Volkswagen of America, Inc. and Andretti Sports Marketing announced today that they have joined forces in bringing professional motorsports back to Washington, D.C. in extreme fashion with Volkswagen Rallycross DC—the third round of the 2014 Red Bull Global Rallycross Series to be held June 21-22 and televised live on NBC June 22. The two-day event will take place on the RFK Festival Grounds.
In addition to the Red Bull Global Rallycross action that has become a fast favorite of extreme sports fans, the festival, styled Volkswagen Rallycross DC, will feature live music, food, entertainment, a VIP club, and extreme sports legends such as Tanner Foust, Scott Speed, Ken Block, and Bucky Lasek.
“Volkswagen is excited to bring professional motorsports back to the Washington, D.C. metro area, and to be involved in such a fast-growing, action-oriented sport,” said Clark Campbell, General Manager of Experiential Marketing, Volkswagen of America, Inc. “Volkswagen Rallycross DC is the perfect event to showcase the innovative performance of the Volkswagen brand and connect with our core enthusiasts.”
“We’re thrilled to hold a race with such an historic backdrop and to bring this innovative form of extreme motorsports to the forward-thinking environment of D.C.,” declared Tim Mayer, General Manager, Volkswagen Rallycross DC. “In addition to putting on a spectacular show, we are committed to being good neighbors, and we look forward to some great initiatives we’ll have in support of the race with a focus toward giving back to the community.”
Andretti Sports Marketing also runs and operates the Verizon IndyCar Series race in Milwaukee, and the FIA Formula E race in Miami later this year.
More information will be available on www.redbullglobalrallycross.com/dc.
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 1
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 5