Apr 2, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
How many of us that deal with snow in the winter have lamented that there’s no auto racing to enjoy until the Daytona 500 in late February?
Ford may be on to something – perhaps a winter racing series – with this video we found online (click bel0w).
While the American-based Global Rallycross Championship will go head-to-head this spring and summer with the FIA-sanctioned World Rallycross Championship, at least a few drivers and cars will compete in both series where possible.
But why wait for asphalt and concrete in good weather when you can do what this 2014 Ford Fiesta ST from Sweden’s OlsbergsMSE did during preseason testing recently 200 miles from the Arctic Circle.
The concept of driving in the snow gives new meaning to the word drifting for those of us who get several feet of the white stuff every winter.
The Fiesta ST puts out 600 horsepower from its powerful four-cylinder engine, comes with all-wheel-drive and weighs less than 2,875 pounds.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 2
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 2
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0