Apr 2, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
How many of us that deal with snow in the winter have lamented that there’s no auto racing to enjoy until the Daytona 500 in late February?
Ford may be on to something – perhaps a winter racing series – with this video we found online (click bel0w).
While the American-based Global Rallycross Championship will go head-to-head this spring and summer with the FIA-sanctioned World Rallycross Championship, at least a few drivers and cars will compete in both series where possible.
But why wait for asphalt and concrete in good weather when you can do what this 2014 Ford Fiesta ST from Sweden’s OlsbergsMSE did during preseason testing recently 200 miles from the Arctic Circle.
The concept of driving in the snow gives new meaning to the word drifting for those of us who get several feet of the white stuff every winter.
The Fiesta ST puts out 600 horsepower from its powerful four-cylinder engine, comes with all-wheel-drive and weighs less than 2,875 pounds.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 Japanese Grand Prix Preview 0
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 12
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24