Apr 3, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
Williams’ Felipe Nasr will have a fairly busy weekend this weekend in Bahrain.
The Brazilian, who serves as the team’s reserve driver, will make his first of five FP1 appearances on Friday. Nasr had his first run of testing for Williams during the last day of the first Bahrain test in February.
Additionally, he’ll be beginning his third season of GP2, second straight with Carlin. GP2 kicks off its 2014 season with a doubleheader weekend at the Sakhir International Circuit.
He premiered with DAMS in 2012 and finished 10th in points, and upon shifting to Carlin moved up to fourth last year.
He’s yet to win in 44 GP2 races but has 10 career podium finishes.
Nasr will be one of at least three reserve drivers making FP1 appearances, with Robin Frijns running for Caterham and Giedo van der Garde for Sauber.
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3