Apr 3, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
Williams’ Felipe Nasr will have a fairly busy weekend this weekend in Bahrain.
The Brazilian, who serves as the team’s reserve driver, will make his first of five FP1 appearances on Friday. Nasr had his first run of testing for Williams during the last day of the first Bahrain test in February.
Additionally, he’ll be beginning his third season of GP2, second straight with Carlin. GP2 kicks off its 2014 season with a doubleheader weekend at the Sakhir International Circuit.
He premiered with DAMS in 2012 and finished 10th in points, and upon shifting to Carlin moved up to fourth last year.
He’s yet to win in 44 GP2 races but has 10 career podium finishes.
Nasr will be one of at least three reserve drivers making FP1 appearances, with Robin Frijns running for Caterham and Giedo van der Garde for Sauber.
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3