Apr 3, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
Williams’ Felipe Nasr will have a fairly busy weekend this weekend in Bahrain.
The Brazilian, who serves as the team’s reserve driver, will make his first of five FP1 appearances on Friday. Nasr had his first run of testing for Williams during the last day of the first Bahrain test in February.
Additionally, he’ll be beginning his third season of GP2, second straight with Carlin. GP2 kicks off its 2014 season with a doubleheader weekend at the Sakhir International Circuit.
He premiered with DAMS in 2012 and finished 10th in points, and upon shifting to Carlin moved up to fourth last year.
He’s yet to win in 44 GP2 races but has 10 career podium finishes.
Nasr will be one of at least three reserve drivers making FP1 appearances, with Robin Frijns running for Caterham and Giedo van der Garde for Sauber.
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 3
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0