Apr 3, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
Williams’ Felipe Nasr will have a fairly busy weekend this weekend in Bahrain.
The Brazilian, who serves as the team’s reserve driver, will make his first of five FP1 appearances on Friday. Nasr had his first run of testing for Williams during the last day of the first Bahrain test in February.
Additionally, he’ll be beginning his third season of GP2, second straight with Carlin. GP2 kicks off its 2014 season with a doubleheader weekend at the Sakhir International Circuit.
He premiered with DAMS in 2012 and finished 10th in points, and upon shifting to Carlin moved up to fourth last year.
He’s yet to win in 44 GP2 races but has 10 career podium finishes.
Nasr will be one of at least three reserve drivers making FP1 appearances, with Robin Frijns running for Caterham and Giedo van der Garde for Sauber.
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 0
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 6
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0