Apr 3, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
Williams’ Felipe Nasr will have a fairly busy weekend this weekend in Bahrain.
The Brazilian, who serves as the team’s reserve driver, will make his first of five FP1 appearances on Friday. Nasr had his first run of testing for Williams during the last day of the first Bahrain test in February.
Additionally, he’ll be beginning his third season of GP2, second straight with Carlin. GP2 kicks off its 2014 season with a doubleheader weekend at the Sakhir International Circuit.
He premiered with DAMS in 2012 and finished 10th in points, and upon shifting to Carlin moved up to fourth last year.
He’s yet to win in 44 GP2 races but has 10 career podium finishes.
Nasr will be one of at least three reserve drivers making FP1 appearances, with Robin Frijns running for Caterham and Giedo van der Garde for Sauber.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5