Apr 3, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
The rain that swept through last race weekend across Malaysia, Martinsville and St. Petersburg now made its way to Texas, putting an early halt to NASCAR Nationwide Series practice for this weekend’s O’Reilly Auto Parts 300.
Before rain stopped play with just over 30 minutes to go, Ty Dillon clocked in the fastest lap of the day at the track that now boasts the “Big Hoss” video board on the back straight.
The Nationwide race is Friday night at 8:30 p.m. ET; the schedule’s a bit shifted at TMS this weekend with the Final Four in town, so NASCAR races Friday and Sunday with the Final Four games on Saturday night.
TIMES: Thursday Practice
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 4
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2