Apr 3, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
The rain that swept through last race weekend across Malaysia, Martinsville and St. Petersburg now made its way to Texas, putting an early halt to NASCAR Nationwide Series practice for this weekend’s O’Reilly Auto Parts 300.
Before rain stopped play with just over 30 minutes to go, Ty Dillon clocked in the fastest lap of the day at the track that now boasts the “Big Hoss” video board on the back straight.
The Nationwide race is Friday night at 8:30 p.m. ET; the schedule’s a bit shifted at TMS this weekend with the Final Four in town, so NASCAR races Friday and Sunday with the Final Four games on Saturday night.
TIMES: Thursday Practice
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 3
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 7
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1