Apr 3, 2014, 9:27 PM EST
The rain that swept through last race weekend across Malaysia, Martinsville and St. Petersburg now made its way to Texas, putting an early halt to NASCAR Nationwide Series practice for this weekend’s O’Reilly Auto Parts 300.
Before rain stopped play with just over 30 minutes to go, Ty Dillon clocked in the fastest lap of the day at the track that now boasts the “Big Hoss” video board on the back straight.
The Nationwide race is Friday night at 8:30 p.m. ET; the schedule’s a bit shifted at TMS this weekend with the Final Four in town, so NASCAR races Friday and Sunday with the Final Four games on Saturday night.
TIMES: Thursday Practice
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 0
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 13
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1