Apr 4, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
Even though the race has been over for five days now, some Sprint Cup teams are still feeling the after effects of last weekend’s event at Martinsville Speedway.
Because they were late to the Sprint Cup qualifying inspection line at Martinsville, 12 teams will be docked 15 minutes of practice from Friday’s evening session at Texas Motor Speedway, according to MRN.com’s Dustin Long.
Teams penalized are those of Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Martin Truex Jr., Kyle Larson, Clint Bowyer, Ryan Newman, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Landon Cassill, Cole Whitt, Michael Annett, Reed Sorenson and Parker Kligerman.
Friday’s practice begins at 6 p.m. ET and runs until 7:50 p.m.
When their cars are ready for practice, the 12 penalized cars will then be forced to remain off-track until their respective 15-minute infractions are served.
The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex was inundated with heavy rainstorms Thursday, but the forecast for Friday afternoon and evening looks good for both the Cup practice as well as the evening’s O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 Nationwide Series race, which begins at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Sprint Cup drivers have the track solely to themselves on Saturday with Happy Hour practice from 10:30 a.m. to Noon ET, followed by Coors Light Pole Qualifying at 3:10 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 0
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 0
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 1