Apr 4, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
For the first time in Bahrain, drivers are set to try out the circuit at night in the second free practice session on Friday afternoon. You can watch LIVE on NBCSN and Live Extra from 11am ET.
As part of the circuit’s celebrations to mark ten years of hosting Formula 1, the Bahrain Grand Prix will be a night race for the first time, following in the footsteps of the hugely successful Singapore Grand Prix.
In order to accommodate this, hundreds of floodlights have been erected around the circuit to illuminate the cars across the course of the weekend, but with FP1 taking place in daylight, this evening’s session will be the first chance for the drivers to see what it is like in the dark.
In the first session on Friday, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg once again ruled the roost as Mercedes laid down an ominous pace, and it will be surprising to see any team challenge the Silver Arrows’ supremacy under the lights. However, some of the teams may fare better in the cooler conditions, including McLaren who struggled in the heat of Malaysia last time out.
You can watch FP2 LIVE on NBCSN and Live Extra from 11am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
This broadcast will be followed by F1 Extra from 12:30pm ET.
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9