Apr 5, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Texas Motor Speedway treats its race winners pretty good. In addition to a shiny race trophy, winners receive a pair of six-shooters and a custom-made cowboy hat to make them into true asphalt cowboys.
But with the Robertson family’s “Duck Commander” brand of hunting equipment now sponsoring the spring race at TMS, another prized item is now going to the victor for tomorrow’s Duck Commander 500: A special batch of their best-selling duck calls.
According to a release from the track, two special duck calls will be presented. The winning driver, crew chief, and team owner will receive the Black Wood Duck Call that’s “made from a rare African wood featuring Duck Commander President Phil Robertson’s patented double reed system.”
The rest of the winning team will receive the Classic Commander Duck Call, which was the very first call that Robertson got patented. This call is an all-wood number, featuring a cypress wood barrel and cedar insert.
Said team will also join TMS president/general manager Eddie Gossage and Duck Commander CEO Willie Robertson in a celebratory duck call in Victory Lane.
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9