Apr 5, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Texas Motor Speedway treats its race winners pretty good. In addition to a shiny race trophy, winners receive a pair of six-shooters and a custom-made cowboy hat to make them into true asphalt cowboys.
But with the Robertson family’s “Duck Commander” brand of hunting equipment now sponsoring the spring race at TMS, another prized item is now going to the victor for tomorrow’s Duck Commander 500: A special batch of their best-selling duck calls.
According to a release from the track, two special duck calls will be presented. The winning driver, crew chief, and team owner will receive the Black Wood Duck Call that’s “made from a rare African wood featuring Duck Commander President Phil Robertson’s patented double reed system.”
The rest of the winning team will receive the Classic Commander Duck Call, which was the very first call that Robertson got patented. This call is an all-wood number, featuring a cypress wood barrel and cedar insert.
Said team will also join TMS president/general manager Eddie Gossage and Duck Commander CEO Willie Robertson in a celebratory duck call in Victory Lane.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1