Apr 5, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Texas Motor Speedway treats its race winners pretty good. In addition to a shiny race trophy, winners receive a pair of six-shooters and a custom-made cowboy hat to make them into true asphalt cowboys.
But with the Robertson family’s “Duck Commander” brand of hunting equipment now sponsoring the spring race at TMS, another prized item is now going to the victor for tomorrow’s Duck Commander 500: A special batch of their best-selling duck calls.
According to a release from the track, two special duck calls will be presented. The winning driver, crew chief, and team owner will receive the Black Wood Duck Call that’s “made from a rare African wood featuring Duck Commander President Phil Robertson’s patented double reed system.”
The rest of the winning team will receive the Classic Commander Duck Call, which was the very first call that Robertson got patented. This call is an all-wood number, featuring a cypress wood barrel and cedar insert.
Said team will also join TMS president/general manager Eddie Gossage and Duck Commander CEO Willie Robertson in a celebratory duck call in Victory Lane.
Video from NASCAR America
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick set to swap crews at Stewart-Haas 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 1
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2