Apr 5, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
After dominating all three practice sessions so far this weekend in Bahrain, Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes are the firm favorites to score a third straight pole position in 2014 under the lights on Saturday evening.
You can watch qualifying on CNBC and Live Extra from 11am ET. CLICK HERE for live stream.
Hamilton is looking to go back-to-back this weekend after winning the Malaysian Grand Prix last time out, but he will have to fend off teammate Nico Rosberg who is the current world championship leader.
Even if the battle for pole is an inter-team affair, there is an interesting battle developing further back. Ferrari appears to be in better shape this weekend, whilst Red Bull’s upturn in fortunes could put the defending champions in a position to vie for a podium. In the dry, the other Mercedes-powered teams of McLaren, Williams and Force India could also show their true colors.
This year’s Bahrain Grand Prix is particularly special as it is a night race for the first time, and this has certainly given the event some added character and atmosphere. The Bahrain International Circuit looks spectacular under the lights, and the racing should be equally as enthralling this weekend.
Remember, you can watch qualifying on CNBC and Live Extra from 11am ET.
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 0
- Racing community reflects on the loss of Fox Sports’ broadcaster Steve Byrnes 8
- Sam Schmidt’s inspirational lap in SAM Project, Arrow Corvette on NBC Nightly News (VIDEO, PHOTOS) 2