Apr 5, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
After dominating all three practice sessions so far this weekend in Bahrain, Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes are the firm favorites to score a third straight pole position in 2014 under the lights on Saturday evening.
You can watch qualifying on CNBC and Live Extra from 11am ET. CLICK HERE for live stream.
Hamilton is looking to go back-to-back this weekend after winning the Malaysian Grand Prix last time out, but he will have to fend off teammate Nico Rosberg who is the current world championship leader.
Even if the battle for pole is an inter-team affair, there is an interesting battle developing further back. Ferrari appears to be in better shape this weekend, whilst Red Bull’s upturn in fortunes could put the defending champions in a position to vie for a podium. In the dry, the other Mercedes-powered teams of McLaren, Williams and Force India could also show their true colors.
This year’s Bahrain Grand Prix is particularly special as it is a night race for the first time, and this has certainly given the event some added character and atmosphere. The Bahrain International Circuit looks spectacular under the lights, and the racing should be equally as enthralling this weekend.
Remember, you can watch qualifying on CNBC and Live Extra from 11am ET.
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 7
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 2
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3
- Chase outlook brighter for some, cloudy for others after Michigan 0
- Power poised for IndyCar title following oval gains, Milwaukee domination 1