Apr 6, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
In his latest blog post written going into the Duck Commander 500 weekend at Texas Motor Speedway, Keselowski talked about the pit road incident involving himself, Busch and Kasey Kahne, and the subsequent on-track tempers that flared between him and Busch afterwards. Post-race also saw the two throw verbal barbs at each other.
That initially led to talk of payback during today’s race (currently held up due to rain/track drying), but it appears that Keselowski will not actively seek to antagonize “The Outlaw.”
“Moving ahead, as far as Kurt is concerned, my feeling is this: I got my message out,” he wrote. “What’s done is done. I’m ready to move on.
“Kurt controls what goes on from here. If he feels like he needs to do something else, that’s up to him.”
Keselowski also said that he wasn’t mad at Busch for running into him in the pits, but for what he sees as Busch’s failure to minimize the damage.
He noted past incidents in which, according to him, Busch would keep the throttle down approaching a wreck – which Keselowski sees as a needless escalation of risk.
The resulting incident in the pits cost Keselowski some 30 laps for repairs, but he wanted to make sure that his team got a few messages by making his way back out to the track.
“First, I wanted them to know that I wasn’t okay with what happened, and that we aren’t going to be pushovers,” he said. “Second, I wanted the team to know that we don’t give up.”
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 87
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 14
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1