Apr 6, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
Rain delays can lead to race fans doing strange things to pass the time.
This is one of them.
Today’s Duck Commander 500 at Texas Motor Speedway has been delayed for a little over three hours now due to rain and subsequent track drying that has turned up “weepers” in the surface.
During the delay, one of the more prominent NASCAR-based humor accounts on Twitter, @TheOrangeCone, decided to come up with the #ReplaceTVShowTitleWithDanica hashtag:
And shortly afterwards, the bored citizens of NASCAR Nation (and perhaps an additional chunk of casual fans drawn to the hashtag’s subject) made it trend on Twitter in the United States.
One part of me is not surprised at all at this development. The other part is really hoping the race gets going soon.
In any case, here’s a few of the better submissions involving the hashtag from fans and media members alike…
- DiZinno: St. Pete provides solid 2015 season kickoff, but issues some warning signs 1
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 4
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 3
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6