Apr 6, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
Sporting a sling but otherwise looking well enough, TORC off-road driver and former open-wheel competitor Arie Luyendyk Jr. has returned to watch today’s second round of the season-opening “Duel In The Desert” event at Primm, Nevada.
In yesterday’s Pro 2 class race at Primm, Luyendyk made mid-air contact over a jump with another competitor. That sent the former into a harrowing barrel roll before his truck came to rest, right-side up.
Medical personnel quickly attended to the son of two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Arie Sr., and took him to a local hospital. Senior tweeted that his son had sustained a broken collarbone, but Junior later tweeted himself that while he may need surgery for said collarbone, his neck and back were alright.
Today’s action from Primm, Nevada will be aired on April 25 at 11 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0
- Report: Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- Mario Andretti gets Jay Leno up to speed — and then some 1
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 2
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1