Apr 6, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
Sporting a sling but otherwise looking well enough, TORC off-road driver and former open-wheel competitor Arie Luyendyk Jr. has returned to watch today’s second round of the season-opening “Duel In The Desert” event at Primm, Nevada.
In yesterday’s Pro 2 class race at Primm, Luyendyk made mid-air contact over a jump with another competitor. That sent the former into a harrowing barrel roll before his truck came to rest, right-side up.
Medical personnel quickly attended to the son of two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Arie Sr., and took him to a local hospital. Senior tweeted that his son had sustained a broken collarbone, but Junior later tweeted himself that while he may need surgery for said collarbone, his neck and back were alright.
Today’s action from Primm, Nevada will be aired on April 25 at 11 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- WATCH LIVE: Malaysian GP live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2:30a ET 0
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 0
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 3
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 2
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 2