Apr 6, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
Sporting a sling but otherwise looking well enough, TORC off-road driver and former open-wheel competitor Arie Luyendyk Jr. has returned to watch today’s second round of the season-opening “Duel In The Desert” event at Primm, Nevada.
In yesterday’s Pro 2 class race at Primm, Luyendyk made mid-air contact over a jump with another competitor. That sent the former into a harrowing barrel roll before his truck came to rest, right-side up.
Medical personnel quickly attended to the son of two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Arie Sr., and took him to a local hospital. Senior tweeted that his son had sustained a broken collarbone, but Junior later tweeted himself that while he may need surgery for said collarbone, his neck and back were alright.
Today’s action from Primm, Nevada will be aired on April 25 at 11 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 0
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 3
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 4
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 4
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13