Apr 6, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
Sporting a sling but otherwise looking well enough, TORC off-road driver and former open-wheel competitor Arie Luyendyk Jr. has returned to watch today’s second round of the season-opening “Duel In The Desert” event at Primm, Nevada.
In yesterday’s Pro 2 class race at Primm, Luyendyk made mid-air contact over a jump with another competitor. That sent the former into a harrowing barrel roll before his truck came to rest, right-side up.
Medical personnel quickly attended to the son of two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Arie Sr., and took him to a local hospital. Senior tweeted that his son had sustained a broken collarbone, but Junior later tweeted himself that while he may need surgery for said collarbone, his neck and back were alright.
Today’s action from Primm, Nevada will be aired on April 25 at 11 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Rosberg leads Hamilton in first Belgian GP practice 0
- Chilton to race in Belgium after all; Rossi denied F1 debut 4
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the Belgian Grand Prix 0
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0