Apr 6, 2014, 2:59 PM EST
Sporting a sling but otherwise looking well enough, TORC off-road driver and former open-wheel competitor Arie Luyendyk Jr. has returned to watch today’s second round of the season-opening “Duel In The Desert” event at Primm, Nevada.
In yesterday’s Pro 2 class race at Primm, Luyendyk made mid-air contact over a jump with another competitor. That sent the former into a harrowing barrel roll before his truck came to rest, right-side up.
Medical personnel quickly attended to the son of two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Arie Sr., and took him to a local hospital. Senior tweeted that his son had sustained a broken collarbone, but Junior later tweeted himself that while he may need surgery for said collarbone, his neck and back were alright.
Today’s action from Primm, Nevada will be aired on April 25 at 11 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Video from NASCAR America
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 0
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 3
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 12
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2