Apr 6, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
After dominating qualifying yesterday and locking out the front row, Mercedes will be gunning to complete a perfect weekend and claim a one-two finish in today’s Bahrain Grand Prix, which for the first time ever will be run at night.
Coverage begins at 10:30am ET on NBCSN and Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Nico Rosberg was victorious in the inter-team battle to edge out teammate Lewis Hamilton and claim his second consecutive Bahrain GP pole. In his 150th grand prix, the German driver will be looking to claim his fifth grand prix victory and draw level with his father, Keke, for race wins.
However, he is likely to face a stiff challenge from Lewis Hamilton, who will start alongside him on the front row of the grid. The British driver has never won in Bahrain, but after a dominant win in Malaysia last weekend, he will fancy his chances of going back to back for the first time with Mercedes.
In the battle to be best of the rest, Valtteri Bottas will start in third place ahead of Force India’s Sergio Perez, and Kimi Raikkonen will be keen on claiming Ferrari’s first podium finish of the season starting from fifth.
Under the lights, it promises to be a fascinating and thrilling race today.
Remember, coverage begins at 10:30am ET on NBCSN and Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/6 on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton eases to Italian GP pole at Monza 0
- Hamilton completes practice clean sweep at Monza 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 2
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 1