Apr 7, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
A few things to note from the entry list, per sponsor designations and other updates:
- Helio Castroneves’ No. 3 Team Penske Chevrolet will be adorned with the familiar blue and white colors of AAA of Southern California. Castroneves has traditionally run this livery at Long Beach and Fontana the last several years. It shifts from the red, white and black of Hitachi run at St. Petersburg.
- Ryan Briscoe’s No. 8 Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet has TNT Energy Drink as the primary sponsor, and is expected to be a predominately red livery in comparison to the red, white and blue for NTT Data. It should be a different shade of red, as compared to the Nos. 9 and 10 Target CGR entries.
- Sebastien Bourdais’ No. 11 KVSH Racing Chevrolet shifts from the black and green of Hydroxycut to the green and white of Mistic electronic cigarettes this race. A fellow eCig company, blu eCigs, made its debut in IndyCar at this race last year on Mike Conway’s No. 17 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Honda.
- Oriol Servia’s listed for his first start, with a sponsor currently to be determined on the No. 16 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Honda. Servia tested at the official preseason test in Barber in a black primer livery, with red wing endplates and Mi-Jack signage on the wings (Mi-Jack is team co-owner Mike Lanigan’s company).
- Colombian rookie Carlos Huertas is back for a second race in Dale Coyne’s second car, the No. 18 Honda. This isn’t a surprise and was expected, but is still good to see officially considering he was only confirmed just for St. Petersburg at the eleventh hour.
- Along the Colombian rookie lines, Carlos Munoz’s No. 34 Cinsay/AndrettiTV.com Honda is now listed as Andretti – HVM in the entry list, owing to HVM’s Keith Wiggins. The HVM/Andretti link began last year, when the No. 34 in 2013, then the No. 5 driven by E.J. Viso, took on the Leaders’ Circle points scored by the HVM entry in 2012.
- The standard Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing car name is listed for third year driver Josef Newgarden, as he’s expected to be in the yellow, black and white car livery he drove at the Barber preseason test rather than the orange, black and white St. Petersburg livery thanks to the Florida Lottery sponsorship.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches
Search player news RotoWorld