Apr 8, 2014, 7:42 PM EST
However, that test was delayed into the afternoon due to moisture that, according to the Detroit Free Press, came from behind the retaining walls. Earnhardt tweeted a picture of the cleanup by track crews.
The delay also caused Bowyer to ponder how weepers can still wreak havoc in this futuristic age.
But eventually, testing got rolling around mid-afternoon per the Free Press, with Biffle being the first out.
The test appears to have gone into the evening, as the track tweeted that cars were still testing around 7 p.m. local time. However, since MIS does not have a lighting system, you figure that things have or should be close to wrapping up for today.
Drivers and Goodyear are expected to speak to the media tomorrow. Ryan Newman is also scheduled to join Earnhardt, Biffle, Bowyer, and Bayne on the track as well.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 0
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2