Apr 8, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
However, that test was delayed into the afternoon due to moisture that, according to the Detroit Free Press, came from behind the retaining walls. Earnhardt tweeted a picture of the cleanup by track crews.
The delay also caused Bowyer to ponder how weepers can still wreak havoc in this futuristic age.
I have no idea with the modern sciences of FlexSeal we still have weepers???
Clint Bowyer (@ClintBowyer) April 08, 2014
But eventually, testing got rolling around mid-afternoon per the Free Press, with Biffle being the first out.
The test appears to have gone into the evening, as the track tweeted that cars were still testing around 7 p.m. local time. However, since MIS does not have a lighting system, you figure that things have or should be close to wrapping up for today.
Drivers and Goodyear are expected to speak to the media tomorrow. Ryan Newman is also scheduled to join Earnhardt, Biffle, Bowyer, and Bayne on the track as well.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Thursday round-up (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar: A crucial weekend to commence at Mid-Ohio 0
- Mark Martin returning to Roush Fenway Racing in unique role 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12