Apr 8, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
However, that test was delayed into the afternoon due to moisture that, according to the Detroit Free Press, came from behind the retaining walls. Earnhardt tweeted a picture of the cleanup by track crews.
The delay also caused Bowyer to ponder how weepers can still wreak havoc in this futuristic age.
But eventually, testing got rolling around mid-afternoon per the Free Press, with Biffle being the first out.
The test appears to have gone into the evening, as the track tweeted that cars were still testing around 7 p.m. local time. However, since MIS does not have a lighting system, you figure that things have or should be close to wrapping up for today.
Drivers and Goodyear are expected to speak to the media tomorrow. Ryan Newman is also scheduled to join Earnhardt, Biffle, Bowyer, and Bayne on the track as well.
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 3
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 9
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2