Apr 8, 2014, 7:42 PM EST
However, that test was delayed into the afternoon due to moisture that, according to the Detroit Free Press, came from behind the retaining walls. Earnhardt tweeted a picture of the cleanup by track crews.
The delay also caused Bowyer to ponder how weepers can still wreak havoc in this futuristic age.
But eventually, testing got rolling around mid-afternoon per the Free Press, with Biffle being the first out.
The test appears to have gone into the evening, as the track tweeted that cars were still testing around 7 p.m. local time. However, since MIS does not have a lighting system, you figure that things have or should be close to wrapping up for today.
Drivers and Goodyear are expected to speak to the media tomorrow. Ryan Newman is also scheduled to join Earnhardt, Biffle, Bowyer, and Bayne on the track as well.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1