Apr 8, 2014, 7:42 PM EST
However, that test was delayed into the afternoon due to moisture that, according to the Detroit Free Press, came from behind the retaining walls. Earnhardt tweeted a picture of the cleanup by track crews.
The delay also caused Bowyer to ponder how weepers can still wreak havoc in this futuristic age.
But eventually, testing got rolling around mid-afternoon per the Free Press, with Biffle being the first out.
The test appears to have gone into the evening, as the track tweeted that cars were still testing around 7 p.m. local time. However, since MIS does not have a lighting system, you figure that things have or should be close to wrapping up for today.
Drivers and Goodyear are expected to speak to the media tomorrow. Ryan Newman is also scheduled to join Earnhardt, Biffle, Bowyer, and Bayne on the track as well.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3