Apr 8, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
With a green-white-checkered finish in play yesterday at Texas Motor Speedway, Jeff Gordon took two tires on the final round of pit stops to put himself in the lead.
But as the field prepared for G-W-C, Gordon chose to restart on the inside lane, putting Brian Vickers (who also took two tires) on the outside of him. Joey Logano, who led the field into the pits, was third in line but had taken four tires on his stop.
Gordon appeared to get a good jump when the green came out, but Logano proved too strong and passed him on the final lap to take the win.
In today’s NASCAR AMERICA Minute, host Rick Allen and analyst Frank Stoddard discuss if Gordon indeed made the wrong call on the restart. You can watch the clip above.
Also, a new episode is coming up today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra (online/mobile). Be sure to look out for the “WATCH LIVE” post here shortly on MotorSportsTalk for a preview and streaming links.
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 0
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 10
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1