Apr 8, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
With a green-white-checkered finish in play yesterday at Texas Motor Speedway, Jeff Gordon took two tires on the final round of pit stops to put himself in the lead.
But as the field prepared for G-W-C, Gordon chose to restart on the inside lane, putting Brian Vickers (who also took two tires) on the outside of him. Joey Logano, who led the field into the pits, was third in line but had taken four tires on his stop.
Gordon appeared to get a good jump when the green came out, but Logano proved too strong and passed him on the final lap to take the win.
In today’s NASCAR AMERICA Minute, host Rick Allen and analyst Frank Stoddard discuss if Gordon indeed made the wrong call on the restart. You can watch the clip above.
Also, a new episode is coming up today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra (online/mobile). Be sure to look out for the “WATCH LIVE” post here shortly on MotorSportsTalk for a preview and streaming links.
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5
- Ron Dennis clears up Alonso crash rumors; confirms he was briefly knocked unconscious but was not concussed 3
- McLaren confirms Alonso leaves hospital, and is out for final test 0
- Manor targets Melbourne appearance; announces Will Stevens as first driver 2
- Iconic F1 designer Gerard Ducarouge dies at 73 1