Apr 8, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
With a green-white-checkered finish in play yesterday at Texas Motor Speedway, Jeff Gordon took two tires on the final round of pit stops to put himself in the lead.
But as the field prepared for G-W-C, Gordon chose to restart on the inside lane, putting Brian Vickers (who also took two tires) on the outside of him. Joey Logano, who led the field into the pits, was third in line but had taken four tires on his stop.
Gordon appeared to get a good jump when the green came out, but Logano proved too strong and passed him on the final lap to take the win.
In today’s NASCAR AMERICA Minute, host Rick Allen and analyst Frank Stoddard discuss if Gordon indeed made the wrong call on the restart. You can watch the clip above.
Also, a new episode is coming up today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra (online/mobile). Be sure to look out for the “WATCH LIVE” post here shortly on MotorSportsTalk for a preview and streaming links.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1