Apr 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
No need to add too much to this picture, as tweeted out by new Sauber affiliated driver Simona de Silvestro.
— Simona De Silvestro (@simdesilvestro) April 8, 2014
Boom. Can’t get that F1 career started without a seat fit. No official date has been set for her first test, although NBC Sports Group’s F1 pit reporter and insider Will Buxton tweeted this out this morning.
— Will Buxton (@willbuxton) April 8, 2014
Long Beach this weekend will see the talented Swiss absent from the streets for only the second time since 2006. She raced in Formula Atlantic in 2007 and 2008, and won the latter race for her first U.S. and series victory. In four IndyCar starts from 2010-2013, she posted a best finish of ninth last year.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2