Apr 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
No need to add too much to this picture, as tweeted out by new Sauber affiliated driver Simona de Silvestro.
— Simona De Silvestro (@simdesilvestro) April 8, 2014
Boom. Can’t get that F1 career started without a seat fit. No official date has been set for her first test, although NBC Sports Group’s F1 pit reporter and insider Will Buxton tweeted this out this morning.
— Will Buxton (@willbuxton) April 8, 2014
Long Beach this weekend will see the talented Swiss absent from the streets for only the second time since 2006. She raced in Formula Atlantic in 2007 and 2008, and won the latter race for her first U.S. and series victory. In four IndyCar starts from 2010-2013, she posted a best finish of ninth last year.
Video from NASCAR America
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 3
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 2
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0