Apr 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
No need to add too much to this picture, as tweeted out by new Sauber affiliated driver Simona de Silvestro.
— Simona De Silvestro (@simdesilvestro) April 8, 2014
Boom. Can’t get that F1 career started without a seat fit. No official date has been set for her first test, although NBC Sports Group’s F1 pit reporter and insider Will Buxton tweeted this out this morning.
— Will Buxton (@willbuxton) April 8, 2014
Long Beach this weekend will see the talented Swiss absent from the streets for only the second time since 2006. She raced in Formula Atlantic in 2007 and 2008, and won the latter race for her first U.S. and series victory. In four IndyCar starts from 2010-2013, she posted a best finish of ninth last year.
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 1
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3