Apr 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
No need to add too much to this picture, as tweeted out by new Sauber affiliated driver Simona de Silvestro.
— Simona De Silvestro (@simdesilvestro) April 8, 2014
Boom. Can’t get that F1 career started without a seat fit. No official date has been set for her first test, although NBC Sports Group’s F1 pit reporter and insider Will Buxton tweeted this out this morning.
— Will Buxton (@willbuxton) April 8, 2014
Long Beach this weekend will see the talented Swiss absent from the streets for only the second time since 2006. She raced in Formula Atlantic in 2007 and 2008, and won the latter race for her first U.S. and series victory. In four IndyCar starts from 2010-2013, she posted a best finish of ninth last year.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power has hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 13
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1