Apr 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
No need to add too much to this picture, as tweeted out by new Sauber affiliated driver Simona de Silvestro.
— Simona De Silvestro (@simdesilvestro) April 8, 2014
Boom. Can’t get that F1 career started without a seat fit. No official date has been set for her first test, although NBC Sports Group’s F1 pit reporter and insider Will Buxton tweeted this out this morning.
— Will Buxton (@willbuxton) April 8, 2014
Long Beach this weekend will see the talented Swiss absent from the streets for only the second time since 2006. She raced in Formula Atlantic in 2007 and 2008, and won the latter race for her first U.S. and series victory. In four IndyCar starts from 2010-2013, she posted a best finish of ninth last year.
- Report: Deal for Marcos Ambrose’ return to Australia to race V8 Supercars for Roger Penske may be close 4
- MotorSportsTalk’s Predictions: Hungarian GP 0
- Alexander Rossi joins Marussia as reserve driver 2
- 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix Preview 3
- Bubba Wallace dominates to win MudSummer Classic at Eldora (updated) 3