Apr 9, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Boogity, boogity, boogity, let’s go back to school!
NASCAR Hall of Famer and NASCAR on Fox analyst Darryl Waltrip will become downright professorial when he speaks next Tuesday, April 15, at Samford University in Birmingham, Ala.
The school’s Journalism and Mass Communication Department will host Waltrip, who will speak on campus in Dwight Beeson Hall, starting at 11 a.m. ET, followed by a one-hour meet-and-greet with Waltrip afterward.
While admission is free and open to the public, there will be a silent auction of NASCAR memorabilia to raise money for Feed the Children, a charity Waltrip supports that provides resources for those without life’s essentials.
Talladega Superspeedway will also be part of the event, which is tied into the NASCAR race weekend at ‘Dega May 2-4.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0