Apr 9, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
Boogity, boogity, boogity, let’s go back to school!
NASCAR Hall of Famer and NASCAR on Fox analyst Darryl Waltrip will become downright professorial when he speaks next Tuesday, April 15, at Samford University in Birmingham, Ala.
The school’s Journalism and Mass Communication Department will host Waltrip, who will speak on campus in Dwight Beeson Hall, starting at 11 a.m. ET, followed by a one-hour meet-and-greet with Waltrip afterward.
While admission is free and open to the public, there will be a silent auction of NASCAR memorabilia to raise money for Feed the Children, a charity Waltrip supports that provides resources for those without life’s essentials.
Talladega Superspeedway will also be part of the event, which is tied into the NASCAR race weekend at ‘Dega May 2-4.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 6
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5