Apr 9, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Boogity, boogity, boogity, let’s go back to school!
NASCAR Hall of Famer and NASCAR on Fox analyst Darryl Waltrip will become downright professorial when he speaks next Tuesday, April 15, at Samford University in Birmingham, Ala.
The school’s Journalism and Mass Communication Department will host Waltrip, who will speak on campus in Dwight Beeson Hall, starting at 11 a.m. ET, followed by a one-hour meet-and-greet with Waltrip afterward.
While admission is free and open to the public, there will be a silent auction of NASCAR memorabilia to raise money for Feed the Children, a charity Waltrip supports that provides resources for those without life’s essentials.
Talladega Superspeedway will also be part of the event, which is tied into the NASCAR race weekend at ‘Dega May 2-4.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 2
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14