Apr 9, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
Boogity, boogity, boogity, let’s go back to school!
NASCAR Hall of Famer and NASCAR on Fox analyst Darryl Waltrip will become downright professorial when he speaks next Tuesday, April 15, at Samford University in Birmingham, Ala.
The school’s Journalism and Mass Communication Department will host Waltrip, who will speak on campus in Dwight Beeson Hall, starting at 11 a.m. ET, followed by a one-hour meet-and-greet with Waltrip afterward.
While admission is free and open to the public, there will be a silent auction of NASCAR memorabilia to raise money for Feed the Children, a charity Waltrip supports that provides resources for those without life’s essentials.
Talladega Superspeedway will also be part of the event, which is tied into the NASCAR race weekend at ‘Dega May 2-4.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0