Apr 9, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Boogity, boogity, boogity, let’s go back to school!
NASCAR Hall of Famer and NASCAR on Fox analyst Darryl Waltrip will become downright professorial when he speaks next Tuesday, April 15, at Samford University in Birmingham, Ala.
The school’s Journalism and Mass Communication Department will host Waltrip, who will speak on campus in Dwight Beeson Hall, starting at 11 a.m. ET, followed by a one-hour meet-and-greet with Waltrip afterward.
While admission is free and open to the public, there will be a silent auction of NASCAR memorabilia to raise money for Feed the Children, a charity Waltrip supports that provides resources for those without life’s essentials.
Talladega Superspeedway will also be part of the event, which is tied into the NASCAR race weekend at ‘Dega May 2-4.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5