Apr 9, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Red Bull Racing has elevated Dan Fallows to the position of head of aerodynamics, while Peter Prodromou has been placed on ‘gardening leave’ ahead of his 2015 move to McLaren.
The team made the announcement this morning with the following statement:
“We are pleased to announce that Dan Fallows becomes Head of Aerodynamics at Infiniti Red Bull Racing with immediate effect.
Dan has worked as part of the team’s aerodynamic department for many years. Previously working as a Team Leader (Aerodynamics), he left the team for a short time last year. He has now returned to Infiniti Red Bull Racing to begin working in his new role.
We can confirm that Peter Prodromou has commenced a period of gardening leave; we would like to thank him for his valuable contribution during his time with the team.”
Prodromou, whose move back to Woking was confirmed last fall, worked with McLaren from 1991-2005 before joining Red Bull in 2006.
Working alongside F1 design/tech star Adrian Newey, Prodromou has played a key role in Red Bull’s dominance of the sport over the last four seasons.
However, McLaren now appears ready to pursue legal action over Fallows’ appointment with Red Bull, as it said in January that it had attained his services.
In a Wednesday teleconference, McLaren racing director Eric Boullier said that Fallows had a “legally binding contract” with the team and that “the matter is now in the hands of our lawyers.”
Additionally, the BBC’s Andrew Benson writes that after McLaren announced the signing of Fallows, Red Bull gave him the new position and a better salary in order to keep him from jumping ship.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3