Apr 11, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Today at a World Motor Sport Council meeting in Marrakesh, Morocco, the FIA approved a series of updates for the all-electric Formula E Championship.
The two major updates involve the inaugural 2014-2015 schedule and the championship point system. The scheduled round at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, initially set for November 15 as the third round of the season, has now been postponed.
The event will be replaced with a new one slated for February 14, 2015 in a city to be determined. Los Angeles was to host the Valentine’s Day race, but will now have its “e-Prix” on April 4, 2015.
As for the points system, it will follow the regular FIA standard:
First place – 25 points
Second place – 18 points
Third place – 15 points
Fourth place – 12 points
Fifth place – 10 points
Sixth place – 8 points
Seventh place – 6 points
Eighth place – 4 points
Ninth place – 2 points
Tenth place – 1 points
Additionally, three points will be awarded for winning the pole position, and the fastest lap of the race will be worth two points.
Finally, the FIA gave full competition approval for all 10 teams on the grid: American-based squads Andretti Autosport and Dragon Racing, plus Drayson Racing (United Kingdom), Virgin Racing (United Kingdom), China Racing, e.dams (France), Super Aguri (Japan), Audi Sport Abt (Germany), Mahindra Racing (India), and Venturi Grand Prix (Monaco).
Video from NASCAR America
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 0
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 52
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1