Greg Biffle closing in on new contract extension with Roush Fenway Racing, with 3M remaining as primary sponsor
Apr 11, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
It’s looking more and more like one of the biggest potential free agents at the end of this season won’t wind up being a free agent at all.
During his media availability Friday morning at Darlington Raceway, Greg Biffle, driver of the Roush Fenway Racing No. 16 Ford Fusion, indicated he’s closing in on a new contract extension to remain at RFR, with primary sponsorship from 3M also expected to be extended, as well.
“I think we are getting closer,” Biffle said. “There are a lot of moving parts to a contract and a lot of new people at 3M, but I know the folks are going up there next week to visit some more.
“I have a feeling it is getting closer. I know there has been a lot of activity. The program works really well for (3M) and we have the America Red Cross on the car this weekend, so it is a good program for 3M and I think they are happy.
“It looks like we are closing in on an announcement. Hopefully here soon, we will have something.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 2
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2