Greg Biffle closing in on new contract extension with Roush Fenway Racing, with 3M remaining as primary sponsor
Apr 11, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
It’s looking more and more like one of the biggest potential free agents at the end of this season won’t wind up being a free agent at all.
During his media availability Friday morning at Darlington Raceway, Greg Biffle, driver of the Roush Fenway Racing No. 16 Ford Fusion, indicated he’s closing in on a new contract extension to remain at RFR, with primary sponsorship from 3M also expected to be extended, as well.
“I think we are getting closer,” Biffle said. “There are a lot of moving parts to a contract and a lot of new people at 3M, but I know the folks are going up there next week to visit some more.
“I have a feeling it is getting closer. I know there has been a lot of activity. The program works really well for (3M) and we have the America Red Cross on the car this weekend, so it is a good program for 3M and I think they are happy.
“It looks like we are closing in on an announcement. Hopefully here soon, we will have something.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 8
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0