Greg Biffle closing in on new contract extension with Roush Fenway Racing, with 3M remaining as primary sponsor
Apr 11, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
It’s looking more and more like one of the biggest potential free agents at the end of this season won’t wind up being a free agent at all.
During his media availability Friday morning at Darlington Raceway, Greg Biffle, driver of the Roush Fenway Racing No. 16 Ford Fusion, indicated he’s closing in on a new contract extension to remain at RFR, with primary sponsorship from 3M also expected to be extended, as well.
“I think we are getting closer,” Biffle said. “There are a lot of moving parts to a contract and a lot of new people at 3M, but I know the folks are going up there next week to visit some more.
“I have a feeling it is getting closer. I know there has been a lot of activity. The program works really well for (3M) and we have the America Red Cross on the car this weekend, so it is a good program for 3M and I think they are happy.
“It looks like we are closing in on an announcement. Hopefully here soon, we will have something.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4