Greg Biffle closing in on new contract extension with Roush Fenway Racing, with 3M remaining as primary sponsor
Apr 11, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
It’s looking more and more like one of the biggest potential free agents at the end of this season won’t wind up being a free agent at all.
During his media availability Friday morning at Darlington Raceway, Greg Biffle, driver of the Roush Fenway Racing No. 16 Ford Fusion, indicated he’s closing in on a new contract extension to remain at RFR, with primary sponsorship from 3M also expected to be extended, as well.
“I think we are getting closer,” Biffle said. “There are a lot of moving parts to a contract and a lot of new people at 3M, but I know the folks are going up there next week to visit some more.
“I have a feeling it is getting closer. I know there has been a lot of activity. The program works really well for (3M) and we have the America Red Cross on the car this weekend, so it is a good program for 3M and I think they are happy.
“It looks like we are closing in on an announcement. Hopefully here soon, we will have something.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 8
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 6
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1