Apr 12, 2014, 1:28 AM EST
One of the sponsor tidbits from earlier Friday at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach weekend occurred in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, as Wayne Taylor Racing announced Konica Minolta as a major sponsor.
Said the eponymous team boss in a release, “After winning the Rolex Series championship last year, and with the merger of [that series] and the American Le Mans Series this year, we knew that we would need to elevate our game in a big way if we were to continue competing for championships in the new TUDOR [Championship]. Having a business leader such as Konica Minolta come on board as the title sponsor of my organization just made sense.”
The No. 10 Corvette DP driven by Wayne’s two sons, Ricky and Jordan, sees the sponsor make its debut this weekend. The traditional black is joined by some blue, gray and white elements from Konica Minolta.
This weekend marks the first time just the brothers have shared a car since a 2009 GRAND-AM Rolex Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway, where Ricky and Jordan were in a yellow, Brach’s sponsored Daytona Prototype for Beyer Racing. The team qualified fifth for Saturday’s 100-minute race.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4