Apr 12, 2014, 1:28 AM EDT
One of the sponsor tidbits from earlier Friday at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach weekend occurred in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, as Wayne Taylor Racing announced Konica Minolta as a major sponsor.
Said the eponymous team boss in a release, “After winning the Rolex Series championship last year, and with the merger of [that series] and the American Le Mans Series this year, we knew that we would need to elevate our game in a big way if we were to continue competing for championships in the new TUDOR [Championship]. Having a business leader such as Konica Minolta come on board as the title sponsor of my organization just made sense.”
The No. 10 Corvette DP driven by Wayne’s two sons, Ricky and Jordan, sees the sponsor make its debut this weekend. The traditional black is joined by some blue, gray and white elements from Konica Minolta.
This weekend marks the first time just the brothers have shared a car since a 2009 GRAND-AM Rolex Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway, where Ricky and Jordan were in a yellow, Brach’s sponsored Daytona Prototype for Beyer Racing. The team qualified fifth for Saturday’s 100-minute race.
Video from NASCAR America
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 2
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14