Apr 12, 2014, 1:28 AM EST
One of the sponsor tidbits from earlier Friday at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach weekend occurred in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, as Wayne Taylor Racing announced Konica Minolta as a major sponsor.
Said the eponymous team boss in a release, “After winning the Rolex Series championship last year, and with the merger of [that series] and the American Le Mans Series this year, we knew that we would need to elevate our game in a big way if we were to continue competing for championships in the new TUDOR [Championship]. Having a business leader such as Konica Minolta come on board as the title sponsor of my organization just made sense.”
The No. 10 Corvette DP driven by Wayne’s two sons, Ricky and Jordan, sees the sponsor make its debut this weekend. The traditional black is joined by some blue, gray and white elements from Konica Minolta.
This weekend marks the first time just the brothers have shared a car since a 2009 GRAND-AM Rolex Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway, where Ricky and Jordan were in a yellow, Brach’s sponsored Daytona Prototype for Beyer Racing. The team qualified fifth for Saturday’s 100-minute race.
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0