Apr 12, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
A pit road mistake earlier actually paid off for Kasey Kahne, who held the lead at the halfway mark (184 of the scheduled 367 laps) of Saturday night’s Bojangles’ Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway.
On Kahne’s previous pit stop, his gas man didn’t fill the tank on Kahne’s Chevrolet fully, forcing Kahne to pit early on Lap 174.
But that proved fortuitous as the rest of the Sprint Cup field was forced to make green flag pit stops just before the halfway mark, allowing Kahne to move to the front of the field.
Speaking of the younger Busch, he had led each of the last three prior races at Darlington, but failed to win each time.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- WATCH LIVE: Italian GP qualifying on NBCSN and Live Extra from 8am ET 0
- Hamilton completes practice clean sweep at Monza 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/6 on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 2
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 1