Apr 12, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
The Verizon IndyCar Series competitors are ready to battle it out for the pole position in tomorrow’s 40th Anniversary Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
You can watch qualifying coming up at 6 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but if you can’t get near a TV, you can stream it online and on your mobile device with NBC Sports Live Extra.
Last year at Long Beach, Takuma Sato came from fourth on the grid to claim his inaugural IndyCar win and the first victory for A.J. Foyt Racing in more than a decade.
But while qualifying on street courses is important, a poor Q run doesn’t necessarily doom you to a bad result on Race Day.
Still, on Long Beach’s tight, 1.97-mile course, you need every advantage you can get, and that includes a primo starting spot.
CLICK HERE at 6 p.m. ET to watch IndyCar qualifying from North America’s most venerable street circuit.
- Gossage to Walker: “We needed a more competitive race this year than last year” 0
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1