Apr 14, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
This wins the “best time to make a team departure announcement” with the just announced leadership change at Ferrari, where Stefano Domenicali is out as Ferrari team principal.
But Mercedes AMG will be making moves too. The team confirmed Monday that Bob Bell, team technical director, will leave at the end of the year. Executive technical director Paddy Lowe will take over Bell’s duties in what was called a “streamlining” of responsibilities.
Mercedes has gotten off to a near-perfect start in 2014, with three wins from the first Grands Prix and all bar 18 points achieved from the available maximum of 129 in the Constructor’s Championship.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP3 for the Belgian Grand Prix 0
- Ryan Blaney passes Kyle Busch on final restart, hangs on to win Nationwide race at Bristol 1
- Kevin Harvick edges Jeff Gordon for Bristol Sprint Cup pole 1
- Will A.J. Allmendinger seek payback for Brad Daugherty’s practical joke? 1
- 2015 NASCAR Schedule to be Revealed Tuesday, 5 p.m. ET, on special NASCAR AMERICA 0
- Rossi disappointed, but diplomatic, after Marussia no-go 1
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0