Apr 14, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
This wins the “best time to make a team departure announcement” with the just announced leadership change at Ferrari, where Stefano Domenicali is out as Ferrari team principal.
But Mercedes AMG will be making moves too. The team confirmed Monday that Bob Bell, team technical director, will leave at the end of the year. Executive technical director Paddy Lowe will take over Bell’s duties in what was called a “streamlining” of responsibilities.
Mercedes has gotten off to a near-perfect start in 2014, with three wins from the first Grands Prix and all bar 18 points achieved from the available maximum of 129 in the Constructor’s Championship.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 3
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 1
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0