Apr 14, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
This wins the “best time to make a team departure announcement” with the just announced leadership change at Ferrari, where Stefano Domenicali is out as Ferrari team principal.
But Mercedes AMG will be making moves too. The team confirmed Monday that Bob Bell, team technical director, will leave at the end of the year. Executive technical director Paddy Lowe will take over Bell’s duties in what was called a “streamlining” of responsibilities.
Mercedes has gotten off to a near-perfect start in 2014, with three wins from the first Grands Prix and all bar 18 points achieved from the available maximum of 129 in the Constructor’s Championship.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 7
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2