Apr 14, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
This wins the “best time to make a team departure announcement” with the just announced leadership change at Ferrari, where Stefano Domenicali is out as Ferrari team principal.
But Mercedes AMG will be making moves too. The team confirmed Monday that Bob Bell, team technical director, will leave at the end of the year. Executive technical director Paddy Lowe will take over Bell’s duties in what was called a “streamlining” of responsibilities.
Mercedes has gotten off to a near-perfect start in 2014, with three wins from the first Grands Prix and all bar 18 points achieved from the available maximum of 129 in the Constructor’s Championship.
Video from NASCAR America
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 2
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 3
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 9
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0