Apr 14, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
Kevin Harvick may have won last Saturday night at Darlington Raceway, but three other drivers stood out in Kyle Petty’s eyes.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, Petty and host Rick Allen discussed the strong performances of Dale Earnhardt Jr. (second), Jimmie Johnson (third), and Tony Stewart (ninth) at the treacherous South Carolina oval.
Earnhardt netted his third runner-up result of the year, while Johnson ran as far back as 31st on Saturday before earning his third-place showing. And Stewart now has his fourth Top-10 in his last five races.
Kurt Busch, on the other hand, seemed set for a Top-10 finish until he was hit from behind by Clint Bowyer on the first of two Green-White-Checkered attempts needed to settle the Bojangles’ Southern 500.
After slamming into the inside retaining wall, Busch climbed out of his car and stared down Bowyer as he went by under the caution. Busch then took to Twitter and vented.
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0