Apr 14, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Kevin Harvick may have won last Saturday night at Darlington Raceway, but three other drivers stood out in Kyle Petty’s eyes.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, Petty and host Rick Allen discussed the strong performances of Dale Earnhardt Jr. (second), Jimmie Johnson (third), and Tony Stewart (ninth) at the treacherous South Carolina oval.
Earnhardt netted his third runner-up result of the year, while Johnson ran as far back as 31st on Saturday before earning his third-place showing. And Stewart now has his fourth Top-10 in his last five races.
Kurt Busch, on the other hand, seemed set for a Top-10 finish until he was hit from behind by Clint Bowyer on the first of two Green-White-Checkered attempts needed to settle the Bojangles’ Southern 500.
After slamming into the inside retaining wall, Busch climbed out of his car and stared down Bowyer as he went by under the caution. Busch then took to Twitter and vented.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1