Apr 14, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Kevin Harvick may have won last Saturday night at Darlington Raceway, but three other drivers stood out in Kyle Petty’s eyes.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, Petty and host Rick Allen discussed the strong performances of Dale Earnhardt Jr. (second), Jimmie Johnson (third), and Tony Stewart (ninth) at the treacherous South Carolina oval.
Earnhardt netted his third runner-up result of the year, while Johnson ran as far back as 31st on Saturday before earning his third-place showing. And Stewart now has his fourth Top-10 in his last five races.
Kurt Busch, on the other hand, seemed set for a Top-10 finish until he was hit from behind by Clint Bowyer on the first of two Green-White-Checkered attempts needed to settle the Bojangles’ Southern 500.
After slamming into the inside retaining wall, Busch climbed out of his car and stared down Bowyer as he went by under the caution. Busch then took to Twitter and vented.
Video from NASCAR America
- After 61 prior starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0
- Alexander Rossi to make F1 debut in Belgium, replaces Chilton 1
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 5
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 8
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12