Apr 15, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Here’s a few stats of note and Verizon IndyCar Series points through two races:
- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach winner Mike Conway is the only driver to have led laps in both races (1 at St. Petersburg, 3 at Long Beach). With 16 spots gained from start to finish, he was also the biggest mover on Sunday.
- Already, 11 different drivers have made the Firestone Fast Six in two races. The only driver to make it twice is Ryan Hunter-Reay (qualified third at St. Petersburg, pole at Long Beach). The 11 that have made it are: Hunter-Reay, James Hinchcliffe, Marco Andretti, Takuma Sato, Sebastien Bourdais, Simon Pagenaud, Scott Dixon, Will Power, Tony Kanaan, Josef Newgarden and Jack Hawksworth.
- Five drivers: Hunter-Reay, Helio Castroneves, Scott Dixon, Marco Andretti and Jack Hawksworth, have qualified in the top 10 in both races.
- In two races, Juan Pablo Montoya, Charlie Kimball, Graham Rahal and Carlos Huertas have yet to crack the top 15 in qualifying.
- Power and Pagenaud are the only two drivers with two top-five finishes in the first two races. Additionally, they’re the only two who have scored top-10s in both races.
- Just one more point separates third (Simon Pagenaud, 60) from the tie for 18th (Marco Andretti and Carlos Huertas, 32) as does the gap from first to second. There’s a gap of 27 between first and second and a spread of 28 from third to 19th.
- Poor Charlie Kimball has had mechanical issues in both races, and ranks last in the standings. He should improve going to Barber, where he has two past top-10 finishes in three starts.
1. Will Power, 93 2. Mike Conway, 66 3. Simon Pagenaud, 60 4. Helio Castroneves, 55 5. Ryan Hunter-Reay, 54 6. Scott Dixon, 51 7. Carlos Munoz, 48 8. Juan Pablo Montoya, 47 9. Mikhail Aleshin, 46 10. Sebastian Saavedra, 42 11. Tony Kanaan, 40 12. Justin Wilson, 38 13. Takuma Sato, 36 14. Josef Newgarden, 34 15. Ryan Briscoe, 33 16. Sebastien Bourdais, 33 17. Graham Rahal, 33 18. Marco Andretti, 32 19. Carlos Huertas, 32 20. Oriol Servia, 26 21. Jack Hawksworth, 24 22. James Hinchcliffe, 20 23. Charlie Kimball, 17
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Rosberg leads Hamilton in first Belgian GP practice 0
- Chilton to race in Belgium after all; Rossi denied F1 debut 1
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the Belgian Grand Prix 0
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches
Search player news RotoWorld