Apr 15, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Earnhardt. Andretti. Petty. Unser. Rahal. These are the names of some of the great racing families in our sport.
Could we be adding the name Gordon to this list one day?
Time will tell, but what we do know is that four-time Sprint Cup champion Jeff Gordon has apparently passed down the racing gene to his six-year-old daughter, Ella, who took her first laps in a quarter midget earlier this week.
Both Gordon and his wife, Ingrid, tweeted photos from the outing:
Gordon himself got his start in quarter midget racing when he was a young boy. No doubt he’ll have plenty to teach his daughter if she chooses to become a racer herself.
Video from NASCAR America
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 0
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 3
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 12
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2