Apr 15, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Earnhardt. Andretti. Petty. Unser. Rahal. These are the names of some of the great racing families in our sport.
Could we be adding the name Gordon to this list one day?
Time will tell, but what we do know is that four-time Sprint Cup champion Jeff Gordon has apparently passed down the racing gene to his six-year-old daughter, Ella, who took her first laps in a quarter midget earlier this week.
Both Gordon and his wife, Ingrid, tweeted photos from the outing:
Gordon himself got his start in quarter midget racing when he was a young boy. No doubt he’ll have plenty to teach his daughter if she chooses to become a racer herself.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0