Apr 15, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Earnhardt. Andretti. Petty. Unser. Rahal. These are the names of some of the great racing families in our sport.
Could we be adding the name Gordon to this list one day?
Time will tell, but what we do know is that four-time Sprint Cup champion Jeff Gordon has apparently passed down the racing gene to his six-year-old daughter, Ella, who took her first laps in a quarter midget earlier this week.
Both Gordon and his wife, Ingrid, tweeted photos from the outing:
Gordon himself got his start in quarter midget racing when he was a young boy. No doubt he’ll have plenty to teach his daughter if she chooses to become a racer herself.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 0
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5