Apr 15, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Earnhardt. Andretti. Petty. Unser. Rahal. These are the names of some of the great racing families in our sport.
Could we be adding the name Gordon to this list one day?
Time will tell, but what we do know is that four-time Sprint Cup champion Jeff Gordon has apparently passed down the racing gene to his six-year-old daughter, Ella, who took her first laps in a quarter midget earlier this week.
Both Gordon and his wife, Ingrid, tweeted photos from the outing:
Gordon himself got his start in quarter midget racing when he was a young boy. No doubt he’ll have plenty to teach his daughter if she chooses to become a racer herself.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3