Apr 15, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The outcomes of each of the last three NASCAR national series races have been impacted by late rounds of pit stops going into the final dash to the finish.
During the Sprint Cup race at Texas, the caution came out with two laps remaining and leader Joey Logano lost the point by taking four tires, while Jeff Gordon and Brian Vickers were able to get ahead of him by taking two tires.
However, Logano’s car had been the strongest throughout the second half of the race, and it showed again when it needed to.
Each were able to rally past those who took two tires for track position and claim wins. Today on NASCAR AMERICA, Kyle Petty discussed these scenarios.
Also, NBCSN contributor and USA Today writer Nate Ryan discussed today’s Goodyear tire test at Kansas Speedway. Instead of going through multiple options, Ryan reports that Goodyear wanted the 16 teams involved to give feedback and ultimately validate the tire they’ve already chosen for the Kansas race on Saturday, May 10.
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy 200 qualifying at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0