Apr 16, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
After two races, perhaps one of the early surprises in this year’s Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires championship is that the Schmidt Peterson Motorsports trio has just one combined podium between them (Jack Harvey, third at St. Petersburg).
Luiz Razia, who entered the field as one of the top preseason championship contenders given his GP2 experience and near-F1 race opportunity, has some personal bulletin board material to motivate him to do better. The 25-year-old Brazilian has finished fifth in both races.
— Luiz Razia (@luizrazia) April 16, 2014
That’s the Long Beach podium of Gabby Chaves, Zach Veach and Matthew Brabham, who thus far have had a leg up on the SPM quartet. Schmidt’s team has won the last four Indy Lights championships.
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 1
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 1
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 3
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 12
- Hawksworth: “I wouldn’t say it was crazy; it was exciting” 2
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0