Apr 16, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
After two races, perhaps one of the early surprises in this year’s Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires championship is that the Schmidt Peterson Motorsports trio has just one combined podium between them (Jack Harvey, third at St. Petersburg).
Luiz Razia, who entered the field as one of the top preseason championship contenders given his GP2 experience and near-F1 race opportunity, has some personal bulletin board material to motivate him to do better. The 25-year-old Brazilian has finished fifth in both races.
— Luiz Razia (@luizrazia) April 16, 2014
That’s the Long Beach podium of Gabby Chaves, Zach Veach and Matthew Brabham, who thus far have had a leg up on the SPM quartet. Schmidt’s team has won the last four Indy Lights championships.
- Gossage to Walker: “We needed a more competitive race this year than last year” 0
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1