Apr 16, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
After two races, perhaps one of the early surprises in this year’s Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires championship is that the Schmidt Peterson Motorsports trio has just one combined podium between them (Jack Harvey, third at St. Petersburg).
Luiz Razia, who entered the field as one of the top preseason championship contenders given his GP2 experience and near-F1 race opportunity, has some personal bulletin board material to motivate him to do better. The 25-year-old Brazilian has finished fifth in both races.
— Luiz Razia (@luizrazia) April 16, 2014
That’s the Long Beach podium of Gabby Chaves, Zach Veach and Matthew Brabham, who thus far have had a leg up on the SPM quartet. Schmidt’s team has won the last four Indy Lights championships.
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 0
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 3
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0