Apr 16, 2014, 3:17 PM EST
Scott Bloomquist just keeps motoring along in the National Dirt Racing League.
Bloomquist is coming off a strong weekend performance where he was runnerup Saturday at Virginia Motor Speedway, and then for an encore won Sunday’s main event at Winchester (Tenn.) Speedway.
Powered by Roush Yates Engines’ newly designed RY45 motor, Bloomquist set a track record while earning the top qualifying spot at VMS with a lap time of 16.509 seconds on Saturday. He just barely lost the race to winner Jonathan Davenport.
The following night, in his first trip to Winchester in nearly three years, Bloomquist swept pretty much everything there was to sweep at the 3/8-mile oval.
He won the heat race and then took over the lead 11 laps from the finish and never looked back in the Gunter’s Honey 50 event, finshing nearly three seconds ahead of runner-up Kent Robinson.
“I’ll tell you what, it turned into a slick Tennessee racetrack and the RY45 was awesome,” Scott said. “Everyone said there was a specific tire you had to run here and to not run anything else, but I don’t like to listen.”
Bloomquist now has three wins and a runner-up in the NDRL thus far this season. His Team Zero races this weekend (April 17-19) for the NDRL Kings of Dirt Super Late Model Series Special at Magnolia Motor Speedway in Columbus, Miss.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 7
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2