Apr 16, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Scott Bloomquist just keeps motoring along in the National Dirt Racing League.
Bloomquist is coming off a strong weekend performance where he was runnerup Saturday at Virginia Motor Speedway, and then for an encore won Sunday’s main event at Winchester (Tenn.) Speedway.
Powered by Roush Yates Engines’ newly designed RY45 motor, Bloomquist set a track record while earning the top qualifying spot at VMS with a lap time of 16.509 seconds on Saturday. He just barely lost the race to winner Jonathan Davenport.
The following night, in his first trip to Winchester in nearly three years, Bloomquist swept pretty much everything there was to sweep at the 3/8-mile oval.
He won the heat race and then took over the lead 11 laps from the finish and never looked back in the Gunter’s Honey 50 event, finshing nearly three seconds ahead of runner-up Kent Robinson.
“I’ll tell you what, it turned into a slick Tennessee racetrack and the RY45 was awesome,” Scott said. “Everyone said there was a specific tire you had to run here and to not run anything else, but I don’t like to listen.”
Bloomquist now has three wins and a runner-up in the NDRL thus far this season. His Team Zero races this weekend (April 17-19) for the NDRL Kings of Dirt Super Late Model Series Special at Magnolia Motor Speedway in Columbus, Miss.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP2 for the United States Grand Prix 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2