Apr 17, 2014, 5:32 PM EST
Whether you like it or not, you can’t say the Ford Mustang doesn’t have staying power.
Celebrating its 50th anniversary this month, the Mustang has become one of the premier muscle car brands ever made by Detroit.
To mark the Mustang’s golden anniversary, Ford Racing’s engineers decided to have a little video fun to celebrate their little pony car’s — shall we say — flexibility across multiple racing platforms through the semi-animated video below.
The premise of this particular video: What does a Ford Mustang do when its owner leaves for the day? (That’s assuming the same owner isn’t actually driving the same Mustang).
From Parnelli Jones’ Boss 302, to John Force’s Funny Car, to Penske Racing’s defending NASCAR Nationwide Series No. 22 owner championship winner, each Mustang takes on a life of its own.
Give the video a play. Even if you’re a Dodge, Chevy or Toyota fan, this should leave you with a smile on your face.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4