Apr 17, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
Whether you like it or not, you can’t say the Ford Mustang doesn’t have staying power.
Celebrating its 50th anniversary this month, the Mustang has become one of the premier muscle car brands ever made by Detroit.
To mark the Mustang’s golden anniversary, Ford Racing’s engineers decided to have a little video fun to celebrate their little pony car’s — shall we say — flexibility across multiple racing platforms through the semi-animated video below.
The premise of this particular video: What does a Ford Mustang do when its owner leaves for the day? (That’s assuming the same owner isn’t actually driving the same Mustang).
From Parnelli Jones’ Boss 302, to John Force’s Funny Car, to Penske Racing’s defending NASCAR Nationwide Series No. 22 owner championship winner, each Mustang takes on a life of its own.
Give the video a play. Even if you’re a Dodge, Chevy or Toyota fan, this should leave you with a smile on your face.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1