Apr 17, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
Whether you like it or not, you can’t say the Ford Mustang doesn’t have staying power.
Celebrating its 50th anniversary this month, the Mustang has become one of the premier muscle car brands ever made by Detroit.
To mark the Mustang’s golden anniversary, Ford Racing’s engineers decided to have a little video fun to celebrate their little pony car’s — shall we say — flexibility across multiple racing platforms through the semi-animated video below.
The premise of this particular video: What does a Ford Mustang do when its owner leaves for the day? (That’s assuming the same owner isn’t actually driving the same Mustang).
From Parnelli Jones’ Boss 302, to John Force’s Funny Car, to Penske Racing’s defending NASCAR Nationwide Series No. 22 owner championship winner, each Mustang takes on a life of its own.
Give the video a play. Even if you’re a Dodge, Chevy or Toyota fan, this should leave you with a smile on your face.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Power wins Verizon P1 Award in Detroit with new track record 1
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 8
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2