Apr 17, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
The Internet is like coming to a strange five-way intersection that you’ve never seen before. No matter which way you decide to go, you’re bound to find something new and different.
So as we were looking for something else, we stumbled upon this video of 7-year-old go-kart racer Ryan Rifredi in a race from December at the Blue Max Kart Club in Davis, Calif., and it really struck a chord with us.
This is a real day brightener sure to put a smile on the face of even the most cynical race fan.
This is also what true, unadulterated racing is all about. No worrying about sponsors or looking good on TV, young Ryan shows he has the spirit and heart of a future NASCAR or IndyCar driver.
Shortly after spinning out and then catching up to his rival, Rifredi gets off the pace, prompting him to scream in frustration, “Oooh, I want him dead (around :54).”
But after he recovers, the even more determined Rifredi goes into a chant of sorts, saying “I’ve got him, I’ve got him” that practically wills himself forward.
Sure enough, Rifredi finally catches and passes his opponent, and motors on to the checkered flag.
We’d love to hear somebody like Kyle Busch or Kevin Harvick or maybe even Tony Stewart take a page from Ryan and start chanting as they try to overtake a rival heading into the final lap of a race, “I’ve got him, I’ve got him” — and then, like Ryan, indeed getting past their rival. That would be great to hear over the team radio, don’t you think?
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 1
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 0
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3