Apr 18, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Depending on how well drivers do, the NASCAR media center can become more than a place to talk about a day behind the wheel. It can also become a place for drivers to let their guards down, if only for a moment, and tell some interesting stories.
Throw in a group of high-profile guests in town for the race sponsors, and you can bet that the writers will come away with a few humorous bits for their notebook columns.
With NASCAR taking the weekend off, they’ve decided to assemble a montage of some of those funny moments from the media center over the first eight races of the season.
From Kyle Larson explaining why his sister doesn’t like him doing burnouts without the steering wheel to “Uncle Si” of Duck Dynasty telling how his iced tea brand came to “fruitation,” it’s hard not to at least grin at some of these.
Video from NASCAR America
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2
- Jeff Gordon’s legacy of success transcends generations 1
- Jeff Gordon announces 2015 as final full-time season 43
- NASCAR: Trackside shopping set to change as part of new Fanatics deal (UPDATED) 10
- Brian Vickers to return to racing at Las Vegas after health scare 9