Apr 18, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Depending on how well drivers do, the NASCAR media center can become more than a place to talk about a day behind the wheel. It can also become a place for drivers to let their guards down, if only for a moment, and tell some interesting stories.
Throw in a group of high-profile guests in town for the race sponsors, and you can bet that the writers will come away with a few humorous bits for their notebook columns.
With NASCAR taking the weekend off, they’ve decided to assemble a montage of some of those funny moments from the media center over the first eight races of the season.
From Kyle Larson explaining why his sister doesn’t like him doing burnouts without the steering wheel to “Uncle Si” of Duck Dynasty telling how his iced tea brand came to “fruitation,” it’s hard not to at least grin at some of these.
- Social Roundup: IndyCar season-ending banquet 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 0
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 17
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 16