Apr 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
It’s always excellent when you have a chance to get out to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
In this case, however, it was eggs-cellent.
A swarm of youngsters and their parents took to the IMS infield earlier this morning for the track’s annual Easter egg hunt.
As you’d figure, there were several Verizon IndyCar Series competitors in attendance, including driver/owner Ed Carpenter (whose team won last weekend at Long Beach with Mike Conway), rookie Mikhail Aleshin, and part-time driver/IndyCar radio analyst Pippa Mann.
The event was free and open to the public. Here’s a few social media shots from the festivities…
It won’t be long before the sound of IndyCars roar through the Speedway once again, as the series takes on the reconfigured IMS road course on May 10 in the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
And it won’t be long before the series gets back to work next weekend at the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama. You can watch it next Sunday, April 27, at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 51
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0