Apr 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s always excellent when you have a chance to get out to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
In this case, however, it was eggs-cellent.
A swarm of youngsters and their parents took to the IMS infield earlier this morning for the track’s annual Easter egg hunt.
As you’d figure, there were several Verizon IndyCar Series competitors in attendance, including driver/owner Ed Carpenter (whose team won last weekend at Long Beach with Mike Conway), rookie Mikhail Aleshin, and part-time driver/IndyCar radio analyst Pippa Mann.
The event was free and open to the public. Here’s a few social media shots from the festivities…
It won’t be long before the sound of IndyCars roar through the Speedway once again, as the series takes on the reconfigured IMS road course on May 10 in the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
And it won’t be long before the series gets back to work next weekend at the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama. You can watch it next Sunday, April 27, at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 0
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2
- F1 Paddock Pass: Bahrain Grand Prix (VIDEO) 1
- 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix Preview 0
- Preview: Anyone’s game as IndyCar heads to historic Long Beach 1