Apr 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
It’s always excellent when you have a chance to get out to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
In this case, however, it was eggs-cellent.
A swarm of youngsters and their parents took to the IMS infield earlier this morning for the track’s annual Easter egg hunt.
As you’d figure, there were several Verizon IndyCar Series competitors in attendance, including driver/owner Ed Carpenter (whose team won last weekend at Long Beach with Mike Conway), rookie Mikhail Aleshin, and part-time driver/IndyCar radio analyst Pippa Mann.
The event was free and open to the public. Here’s a few social media shots from the festivities…
It won’t be long before the sound of IndyCars roar through the Speedway once again, as the series takes on the reconfigured IMS road course on May 10 in the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
And it won’t be long before the series gets back to work next weekend at the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama. You can watch it next Sunday, April 27, at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 8
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2