Apr 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
If it has wheels and tires, it typically can be raced down a dragstrip.
But take a pickup truck, throw in a high-power diesel engine in it, and you have a rolling battering ram that will take down anything in its path – even a pair of guard rails that are supposed to prevent that very thing from happening — and then doing a roll and knocking down a light pole as an encore.
Thanks to our friends at MotorAuthority.com, check out the video below of this black smoke-belching truck rolling down the dragway at a National Hot Rod Diesel Association event.
Thankfully, the driver was uninjured, which is more than we can say about his ride (although we are impressed it still managed to cross the finish line at 91 mph before getting squirrelly) and the heavy damage the track guardrails and light pole sustained.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1