Apr 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
If it has wheels and tires, it typically can be raced down a dragstrip.
But take a pickup truck, throw in a high-power diesel engine in it, and you have a rolling battering ram that will take down anything in its path – even a pair of guard rails that are supposed to prevent that very thing from happening — and then doing a roll and knocking down a light pole as an encore.
Thanks to our friends at MotorAuthority.com, check out the video below of this black smoke-belching truck rolling down the dragway at a National Hot Rod Diesel Association event.
Thankfully, the driver was uninjured, which is more than we can say about his ride (although we are impressed it still managed to cross the finish line at 91 mph before getting squirrelly) and the heavy damage the track guardrails and light pole sustained.
- Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Social Roundup: IndyCar season-ending banquet 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 1
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 18