Apr 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
If it has wheels and tires, it typically can be raced down a dragstrip.
But take a pickup truck, throw in a high-power diesel engine in it, and you have a rolling battering ram that will take down anything in its path – even a pair of guard rails that are supposed to prevent that very thing from happening — and then doing a roll and knocking down a light pole as an encore.
Thanks to our friends at MotorAuthority.com, check out the video below of this black smoke-belching truck rolling down the dragway at a National Hot Rod Diesel Association event.
Thankfully, the driver was uninjured, which is more than we can say about his ride (although we are impressed it still managed to cross the finish line at 91 mph before getting squirrelly) and the heavy damage the track guardrails and light pole sustained.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0