Apr 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
If it has wheels and tires, it typically can be raced down a dragstrip.
But take a pickup truck, throw in a high-power diesel engine in it, and you have a rolling battering ram that will take down anything in its path – even a pair of guard rails that are supposed to prevent that very thing from happening — and then doing a roll and knocking down a light pole as an encore.
Thanks to our friends at MotorAuthority.com, check out the video below of this black smoke-belching truck rolling down the dragway at a National Hot Rod Diesel Association event.
Thankfully, the driver was uninjured, which is more than we can say about his ride (although we are impressed it still managed to cross the finish line at 91 mph before getting squirrelly) and the heavy damage the track guardrails and light pole sustained.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0