Apr 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
If it has wheels and tires, it typically can be raced down a dragstrip.
But take a pickup truck, throw in a high-power diesel engine in it, and you have a rolling battering ram that will take down anything in its path – even a pair of guard rails that are supposed to prevent that very thing from happening — and then doing a roll and knocking down a light pole as an encore.
Thanks to our friends at MotorAuthority.com, check out the video below of this black smoke-belching truck rolling down the dragway at a National Hot Rod Diesel Association event.
Thankfully, the driver was uninjured, which is more than we can say about his ride (although we are impressed it still managed to cross the finish line at 91 mph before getting squirrelly) and the heavy damage the track guardrails and light pole sustained.
Video from NASCAR America
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice 1
- Kevin Harvick wins Atlanta Sprint Cup pole; Stewart qualifies 12th 0
- Castroneves secures crucial MAVTV 500 pole; Power starts P21 for IndyCar finale (VIDEO) 2
- Jeff Gordon: Last 3 races weren’t the same without Tony Stewart 1
- IndyCar has 500 miles to glory, through speed, dirt, tire fall off and unpredictability 0
- How NASCAR determined Tony Stewart was ready to race again 3
- Helton: Tony Stewart still eligible for Chase, but must win to get in 3