Apr 19, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
Qualifying for the Chinese Grand Prix is about to get underway, and following a night of rainfall and more precipitation greeting the drivers this morning, it promises to be an interesting session.
You can watch live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2am ET. CLICK HERE to tune in via live stream.
The wet weather could possibly hamper pace-setters Mercedes during qualifying, and give the likes of Red Bull and Ferrari a fighting chance of ending the Silver Arrows’ streak of pole positions. Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have dominated the season so far, claiming all of the pole positions and wins on offer.
The raw pace of the W05 car suggests that under normal circumstances it will be a one-two finish for Mercedes, but Fernando Alonso’s performance on Friday in practice suggested that he could yet come into play this weekend. However, without rain playing a part in proceedings, it will be an uphill struggle for the Spaniard.
Undoubtedly, there will be a number of other storylines during qualifying. Can Lotus finally make some progress? Will Sauber recover from a disastrous start to the year? Will Williams struggle in the rain once again?
All of those questions will be answered live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2am ET. CLICK HERE to tune in via live stream.
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 0
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 3
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 1
- Bottas and Massa to remain with Williams for 2016 1
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0