Apr 19, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
Qualifying for the Chinese Grand Prix is about to get underway, and following a night of rainfall and more precipitation greeting the drivers this morning, it promises to be an interesting session.
You can watch live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2am ET. CLICK HERE to tune in via live stream.
The wet weather could possibly hamper pace-setters Mercedes during qualifying, and give the likes of Red Bull and Ferrari a fighting chance of ending the Silver Arrows’ streak of pole positions. Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have dominated the season so far, claiming all of the pole positions and wins on offer.
The raw pace of the W05 car suggests that under normal circumstances it will be a one-two finish for Mercedes, but Fernando Alonso’s performance on Friday in practice suggested that he could yet come into play this weekend. However, without rain playing a part in proceedings, it will be an uphill struggle for the Spaniard.
Undoubtedly, there will be a number of other storylines during qualifying. Can Lotus finally make some progress? Will Sauber recover from a disastrous start to the year? Will Williams struggle in the rain once again?
All of those questions will be answered live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2am ET. CLICK HERE to tune in via live stream.
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 3
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 11
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 54