Apr 19, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
Qualifying for the Chinese Grand Prix is about to get underway, and following a night of rainfall and more precipitation greeting the drivers this morning, it promises to be an interesting session.
You can watch live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2am ET. CLICK HERE to tune in via live stream.
The wet weather could possibly hamper pace-setters Mercedes during qualifying, and give the likes of Red Bull and Ferrari a fighting chance of ending the Silver Arrows’ streak of pole positions. Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have dominated the season so far, claiming all of the pole positions and wins on offer.
The raw pace of the W05 car suggests that under normal circumstances it will be a one-two finish for Mercedes, but Fernando Alonso’s performance on Friday in practice suggested that he could yet come into play this weekend. However, without rain playing a part in proceedings, it will be an uphill struggle for the Spaniard.
Undoubtedly, there will be a number of other storylines during qualifying. Can Lotus finally make some progress? Will Sauber recover from a disastrous start to the year? Will Williams struggle in the rain once again?
All of those questions will be answered live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2am ET. CLICK HERE to tune in via live stream.
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1