Apr 19, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
While we don’t condone street racing whatsoever, the video below is one of the best we’ve seen in a long time.
Even better, it’s more of parking lot racing, with radio controlled cars burning up the asphalt and concrete — so no actual humans, animals or real-life vehicles were put in jeopardy.
An added bonus is this is an outstanding homage to the Fast & Furious series, with particular emphasis on actor Paul Walker, who was killed last December in a tragic street racing crash.
While the seventh episode of the F&F series is currently being filmed — and Walker’s brothers will be standing in for him in certain scenes — Vax Studio’s put together an outstanding chase sequence that features Walker’s Brian O’Conner’s car vs. Vin Diesel’s Dominic Toretto’s car. Naturally, there’s even several police cars chasing them.
To quote MotorAuthority.com’s description of the video, dubbed “Fast & Furious RC” (RC stands for radio controlled): “Brilliantly filmed, precisely modeled, and hilariously executed, this Fast & Furious homage is something anyone can love–even if you’re not a fan of the movies.”
Check out the video below:
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1