Apr 19, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
While we don’t condone street racing whatsoever, the video below is one of the best we’ve seen in a long time.
Even better, it’s more of parking lot racing, with radio controlled cars burning up the asphalt and concrete — so no actual humans, animals or real-life vehicles were put in jeopardy.
An added bonus is this is an outstanding homage to the Fast & Furious series, with particular emphasis on actor Paul Walker, who was killed last December in a tragic street racing crash.
While the seventh episode of the F&F series is currently being filmed — and Walker’s brothers will be standing in for him in certain scenes — Vax Studio’s put together an outstanding chase sequence that features Walker’s Brian O’Conner’s car vs. Vin Diesel’s Dominic Toretto’s car. Naturally, there’s even several police cars chasing them.
To quote MotorAuthority.com’s description of the video, dubbed “Fast & Furious RC” (RC stands for radio controlled): “Brilliantly filmed, precisely modeled, and hilariously executed, this Fast & Furious homage is something anyone can love–even if you’re not a fan of the movies.”
Check out the video below:
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 0
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0