Apr 20, 2014, 1:07 PM EST
More than 20 years after graduating, Dale Earnhardt Jr. is going back to high school.
Well, for at least one day.
Earnhardt will take part in a two-hour session on May 8 with two student groups, wrapped around an all-school assembly at Seaman High School in Topeka, Kansas, according to a report in the Topeka Capital-Journal.
Earnhardt will be in Kansas for that weekend’s Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway. While he’s never won in 16 starts on the 1.5-mile oval, Earnhardt has one top-five and seven top-10 finishes there — including finishing 16th and eighth in the two races at Kansas Speedway last season.
Earnhardt won the season-opening Daytona 500, has three other runner-up finishes since then and is currently fourth in the Sprint Cup standings heading into this Saturday night’s race at Richmond International Raceway.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3