Apr 20, 2014, 2:15 AM EST
Lewis Hamilton is chasing his third straight win in China today, and after claiming pole position in the wet qualifying session, he has given himself every chance of doing so. However, with Daniel Ricciardo, Sebastian Vettel and teammate Nico Rosberg all waiting in the wings, we could be set for a Shanghai surprise on Sunday.
You can watch the Chinese Grand Prix live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2:30am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
When the skies darkened and the heavens opened over the Shanghai International Circuit on Saturday afternoon, it appeared to threaten Mercedes’ dominance as Red Bull and Ferrari sought to end the Silver Arrows’ streak of poles. Instead, the gap remained just as great as it always was as Hamilton beat Ricciardo into second place by six-tenths of a second.
However, in the sister Mercedes, Rosberg was less fortunate as he made two uncharacteristic errors and ended up in fourth place. He will need to make a good start to avenge his Bahrain defeat.
Although it remains dry at the moment, rain could strike during the race and spark a strategic fight for supremacy. Whatever the weather, the Mercedes turf war is set to rumble on, but a number of sub-plots will unfold during the race today.
Remember, you can watch the race live from 2:30am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1