Apr 21, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The performance of a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series machine can be altered tremendously by even the slightest of adjustments. As races go on, what worked in one stint may not work in another.
Thus, teams have to constantly keep an eye on things such as tire pressure that can prove critical to ensuring a strong result at the checkered flag.
In the latest edition of “30 Seconds To Know,” presented by Xerox, NASCAR AMERICA analyst and former Sprint Cup driver Kyle Petty explains the importance of tire pressure. It’s certainly much more than a simple matter of keeping the car rolling.
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 8
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 12
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 3
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2