Apr 21, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The performance of a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series machine can be altered tremendously by even the slightest of adjustments. As races go on, what worked in one stint may not work in another.
Thus, teams have to constantly keep an eye on things such as tire pressure that can prove critical to ensuring a strong result at the checkered flag.
In the latest edition of “30 Seconds To Know,” presented by Xerox, NASCAR AMERICA analyst and former Sprint Cup driver Kyle Petty explains the importance of tire pressure. It’s certainly much more than a simple matter of keeping the car rolling.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 3
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 7
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1