Apr 21, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
NBCSN Verizon IndyCar Series analyst Townsend Bell announced details of his participation in this year’s Indianapolis 500 with KV Racing Technology a little more than a week ago, and on Monday there was more to come.
Bell, who will drive KVRT’s No. 6 Robert Graham-backed entry, will have additional support from Beneteau, a sailing and power boats manufacturer. Bell is a brand ambassador for the company.
“It’s a perfect match when you can promote your passion,” Bell said in a team release. “I have always had a love for the open water…the adventures above and below. With Beneteau’s partnership I look forward to promoting their industry-best line of powerboats and yachts. The beautiful simplicity of their European design and cutting edge performance, with innovations like their ‘Airstep’ hull (similar to the F-Duct concept in Formula 1), make their boats a thrill to enjoy on the water.”
It’s more cool news for what’s likely going to be a good looking race car come next month.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 0
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12
- Ten with Townsend: Toronto debrief 0
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 4
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0